PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scaling MAF affect PE?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea, don't copy the DIV/0 because there's nothing there. so just copy the range starting with valid numbers, and paste it to the corresponding values in HPT editor.
Does anyone know how to make a conditional in Excel that would not print anything if it gets the DIV/0 error? this way people wouldn't try to write over their stock numbers.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey RedHardSupra just FYI I was able to get 3 MAF values to calculate over the 10K mark. Not that it really means anything, but......

I forgot I had it in 1st instead of drive and hit my REV limiter at 6500 RPM and I got the 10K+ values after like 6100RPM Give or Take.

Also I applied the tune back to the PCM but haven't been for a drive yet sense its late; but it did fire right up and idled extremly well. Thanks again!
Old 02-28-2005, 07:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yea, I got one doing 138mph once
On the beginning I was worried what am I gonna do for the values I don't have calibration for. Then i'm thinking, if I never got a single value for these ranges, then it will never need them again either, right? I hope i'm right, but just in case, I used the points I did get empirically and built a 3rd degree polynomial out of it and used that to create the values I was missing. You might wanna try that if you want the full custom calibration.
Have you compared dynair vs maf before and after the calibration? they're supposed to be closer, i was just wondering how much closer they get for people.
Old 02-28-2005, 01:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RedHardSupra
Yea, I got one doing 138mph once
On the beginning I was worried what am I gonna do for the values I don't have calibration for. Then i'm thinking, if I never got a single value for these ranges, then it will never need them again either, right? I hope i'm right, but just in case, I used the points I did get empirically and built a 3rd degree polynomial out of it and used that to create the values I was missing. You might wanna try that if you want the full custom calibration.
Have you compared dynair vs maf before and after the calibration? they're supposed to be closer, i was just wondering how much closer they get for people.
If you arent an excel guru could you just use your stock values in these places?
Old 02-28-2005, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

i'm not an excel guru, i just know how to use google well
besides, the way the transpose function i used for the final calibration works, is an array formula. you don't enter one formula and then paste it over to a bunch of ther values, you actually first select a bunch of values, THEN you enter the array formula. so basically i can't do something to the effect of 'IF (ERROR!=0) THEN StockMAF[freq]'. So just use your brains and copy the good range, it will do you good to verify the values and such. Noone ever died of double checking
Old 03-02-2005, 01:16 PM
Restricted User

Link doesn't work and I can't get the file. Could someone please email it to me at metalam@upmc.edu

Thanks
Old 03-02-2005, 02:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

try it again from http://allmod.net/hpt/ for some reason the www. equivalent is very picky, and doesn't work for a lot of people

Quick Reply: Scaling MAF affect PE?