Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calculated new MAF Table

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 06:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by God Forgives I Dont
I've ran with my MAP unplugged by accident for about 5 weeks (well may have been intermittently disconnecting not sure sense some of the time it felt OK). I found it bogs really badly until 70-80% TPS then it kicks in full force and try's to jump out from under you. Not to mention it didn't want to down shift when WOT, unless I manually shifted it down. Didn't have tuning software at the time and wouldn't have known to scan it for that anyway. Interesting Idea though if it would allow us to calculate MAF Pre VE tuning!
It probably bogged because it more than likely reverts to the low octane spark table.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wonder if changing the ve correction factor values to zero would let you tune your maf without sd messing with it. Gameover? Magnus?
Old 03-10-2005, 07:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by P Mack
I wonder if changing the ve correction factor values to zero would let you tune your maf without sd messing with it. Gameover? Magnus?
Good question. I was just looking at that. Heck...can't you just change the RPM where MAF completely takes over from 4000rpms to 0rpms?
Old 03-10-2005, 07:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good call. I bet you can. There might even be a way to make speed density be much more important than the maf at low rpms too.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:56 AM
Staging Lane

Well I calculated my VE table yesterday and got it perfect for my tastes(screen 1). I then plugged the MAF back in and all my values went to crap as expected (screen2). Then I figured I would use the monaro table and see how close it got me when I changed my MAF values. (screen 3) It got me negative but too far negative. I had calculated new values for my MAF with RedHardSupras spreadhsheet and so I figured I would plug those in. Screen 4 is after plugging the new values in and massaging some of the values below 3000 Hz to get the trims in line. Screen 5 is where I was this morning. All in all I am fairly happy except my piston slap has been getting louder the more miles I drive and is frankly driving me nuts. Now on to PE when I get a wideband.

Attached Thumbnails Calculated new MAF Table-maf-small-.jpg  
Old 03-11-2005, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here's my trims after almost 2 weeks from doing VE and spreadsheet MAF calibration:

Not really sure why my idle/slow down to idle is always rich, but as far as the rest goes it's fantastic! Nevermind the lean spots at higher MAP, those were not sampled very much. The circled area though is my main part throttle driving experience. Was tuned in 60-70 degree weather, today is 70-80 degree weather (not too far off!)

Another thing to keep in mind, your trims change day to day so if you tune close to zero today, don't be suprised when things show differently later. As long as they don't swing too far off, then you're just fine!
Old 03-12-2005, 01:23 PM
Staging Lane

I was pleasently surprised when my trims didnt change that much from 50 degrees to 70 degrees. Well see what happens when it gets to 95
Old 03-12-2005, 01:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by way2slow
I was pleasently surprised when my trims didnt change that much from 50 degrees to 70 degrees. Well see what happens when it gets to 95
if your tune is good i have a feeling they won't swing out badly at all. That's the whole point of tuning! It's not like things will just stay constant, so find the parameters to where they can best encompass the inconsistencies.
Old 03-12-2005, 03:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by txhorns281
if your tune is good i have a feeling they won't swing out badly at all. That's the whole point of tuning! It's not like things will just stay constant, so find the parameters to where they can best encompass the inconsistencies.
Your trims won't swing much at all with a MAF. SD is a different story. Anyways, I think I finally fixed my tune. I had to turn off proportional idle and DFCO to keep it from acting stupid (bucking, etc), and after that everything appears to have fallen into line. My LTFTs are mostly 0 and -1, with a few scattered -2s, -3s, 1s, and 2s. Not too bad considering what i had to do. I still need to drive some more and let the trims settle down. I ended up using the stock 04 Z06 MAF table, shifting the cells left and then multiplying the entire table by 1.3. Basically I would shift a cell, multiply the table, check the STFTs, go back and shift the cells left or right (right if top end too lean, left if low end too lean) and multiply to get a negative really close to zero. Here is my trim histogram. Not bad for a doctored MAF table, Thunder Racing Ported MAF ends, and an SLP lid, all affecting the trims.

Old 03-12-2005, 03:36 PM
FormerVendor

has anyone played with the ve corection factor or gotten anymore information about it
Old 03-12-2005, 04:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by HumpinSS
has anyone played with the ve corection factor or gotten anymore information about it
Not yet. I have been meaning to compare different year vehicles with different cam profiles, etc., and see what they all compare like.

Quick Reply: Calculated new MAF Table