Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What scan tool/tuner to buy

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 11:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you decide on just a scanner I have one for sale which includes

EFILive pro with bi-directional controls.
Autotap with enhance parameters

Just pm me
Old 03-20-2005, 03:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since you seem to be on a pretty tight budget, I think this is what you are looking for.

Its all in one and all you can do is check and reset codes and monitor any of the sensors, and at $129 shipped, it's pretty cheep. Check it out.

Last edited by horist; 09-30-2005 at 11:51 PM.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That would be a sweat deal if you could read kr (knock). I like the idea of scanmaster, it reads kr. You may have tuned you car with hp tuners really well and, You may be drving down the road one day with out your laptop (with hp tuners,efi live ect.on it) and a 03 cobra wants to race you. You race him and you are at WOT and are getting knock, (lets just say your fuel filter decides to cloge) the radio is up. The motor will be starving for fuel at WOT. You would have no idea you are getting knock. I think it is a good gauge to have. Unless you know a better way to read kr with out a laptop. You are not always going to have your laptop with you. Even if you do have it with you, in this situation you will not have time to hook it up. I plan on going this route.