Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! - HPTuner won't connect to cable

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 06:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! - HPTuner won't connect to cable

Just received my HPTuners package today and it cannot find the cable. Keep getting "Connect Error" 8012 The device is not open. I am using a usb to serial cable and Windows XP finds the cable but cannot connect to the VCM. I set Comm 1 to 115200 but still cannot connect.

What am I doing wrong.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:39 PM
Launching!

i just went through the same thing my problem was that the usb to serial adapter comes with a disc that u have to use to download the adapter to your laptop mine wouldnt work till i downloaded that program
Old 03-25-2005, 06:45 PM
Teching In

My adapter came with a CD but it said it was for Windows 98 and 2000. I'm running Windows XP and it does reconize the cable when I plug it in but I will check what is on the CD. Thanks.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:58 PM
Teching In

I had to load the device driver then I got the cable to work. It loaded itself on Com 6 but VCM Suite would not read it so I changed it to COM 2 and it connects.

The problem now is that it keeps saying "Unable Read to Cable ID".

What's wrong?

Originally Posted by juicedSS
i just went through the same thing my problem was that the usb to serial adapter comes with a disc that u have to use to download the adapter to your laptop mine wouldnt work till i downloaded that program
Old 03-26-2005, 11:05 AM
TECH Addict

Do you have the cable plugged into the correct USB port? Have you checked in the device manager to see that the install was successful? I tried to use a PCMCIA card and although it showed that it was installed correctly, when I went to look at it, it showed that there was some sort of error. Sometimes you have to install them multiple times. The KeySpan adapter is what they reccommend.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:03 PM
Teching In

Hey guys, thanks for all the help. I just bought the Keyspan adapter and everything worked perfect the first time. I really think they should include this adapter with HPTuners it would make everything much easier.

Now I have to learn the software.

Ernie

Originally Posted by greentahoe
Do you have the cable plugged into the correct USB port? Have you checked in the device manager to see that the install was successful? I tried to use a PCMCIA card and although it showed that it was installed correctly, when I went to look at it, it showed that there was some sort of error. Sometimes you have to install them multiple times. The KeySpan adapter is what they reccommend.