Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to tell if running lean??

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 02:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default how to tell if running lean??

i just installed my heads n cam and im still waitin to schedule a date with my tuner. he cant seem to get up here from carolina. anyway, i think i may just go and pay to have my car dyno'd to see that the a/f ratio is. my question is, would there be any indicators if i was running lean? lights, codes, etc...
Old 03-28-2005, 03:34 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Wickid Z
i just installed my heads n cam and im still waitin to schedule a date with my tuner. he cant seem to get up here from carolina. anyway, i think i may just go and pay to have my car dyno'd to see that the a/f ratio is. my question is, would there be any indicators if i was running lean? lights, codes, etc...
When I did my mods I checked my spark plugs often. I know that an extreme lean condition will show on the plugs (getting too hot). I finally bought a lm-1 wide band.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Wickid Z

When my car was running really lean I got the codes PO171 and PO174.