Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ve tables driving me nuts!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 06:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ve tables driving me nuts!!!!

My gas mileage sucks. I can't seem to get the ve tables right.I looked at some of the files from hptuner( I'm using ls1edit) to see what a zo6 file would look like and my maf # were almost twice as high!!!! The ve tables are nothing simular to mines(maybe hptuner reads different then ls1edit). Also have access to hptuner and using my files and only changing the maf # to lets say a stock zo6 #, the car ran but very rough.I know all cars will respond differently but is there a ve table out there for a setup simular to mine that I can use as a guide? I never had start up issues, or drivability issues just gas mileage. ltft are at -3 average.Outside of programming everything is fine. And runs well. I'm venting !@#$........... any help on this??
Old 04-10-2005, 09:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Might want to make sure LS1 Edit and HP Tuners are measuring the same units. I know I have at least seen that LS1 Edit measures g/s on 1 thing (i forget exactly what, maybe IFR, not sure exactly) and HPT measures lb/min.

For example, it typically comes out that the values in HPT for IFR are approx twice that of the IFR values in the LS1 Edit table because one is g/s and the other is lb/min or vice versa
Old 04-10-2005, 09:46 PM
TECH Addict

There is no method to your madness. You are trying to do two completely different things at the same time. First, disable MAF and tune you VE with proportional idle and DFCO disabled. When that is done (and smoothed), then re-enable your MAF and tune your MAF table. You will need to do some searches. I have my own way of tuning it, and other people have other ways of tuning it. All of them are posted in this forum if you look for them.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:09 PM
11 Second Club

thanks for the replies.!!!