Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Failed Inspection, A few questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Failed Inspection, A few questions

I live in NJ and I had to go through inspection, well I failed for tinted windows, wiper blades and emissions. The car has 32,500 miles with only a Magnaflow catback exhaust. The guy said when he hooked it up to the computer the Catalytic converters were "Not Ready", the EGR was also "Not Ready" and Evaporative System was also "Not Ready". Why would all of this stuff come up like that? The cats are in place and not hollowed, no smoke is comming from tail pipes. A mechanic said that the system may have to be reset by unhooking the battery for a little while. Any suggestions would be helpful. I don't know if this is the right place for this, so sorry if it isn't.

Thanks - Dan.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SLPed94TA
I live in NJ and I had to go through inspection, well I failed for tinted windows, wiper blades and emissions. The car has 32,500 miles with only a Magnaflow catback exhaust. The guy said when he hooked it up to the computer the Catalytic converters were "Not Ready", the EGR was also "Not Ready" and Evaporative System was also "Not Ready". Why would all of this stuff come up like that? The cats are in place and not hollowed, no smoke is comming from tail pipes. A mechanic said that the system may have to be reset by unhooking the battery for a little while. Any suggestions would be helpful. I don't know if this is the right place for this, so sorry if it isn't.

Thanks - Dan.

the computer runs tests as you drive to make sure the emissions parts are still in working order.
these tests take time, and the results are "forgotten" when the battery is disconnected.

if you disconnected the battery recently, then id just drive it around some, then have someone check with a scan tool.

oh, and yank the tint and get new windshield wipers.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:05 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MrDude_1
the computer runs tests as you drive to make sure the emissions parts are still in working order.
these tests take time, and the results are "forgotten" when the battery is disconnected.

if you disconnected the battery recently, then id just drive it around some, then have someone check with a scan tool.

oh, and yank the tint and get new windshield wipers.