Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with my lt-1

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 02:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Problem with my lt-1

Posted this in the lt-1 forum but any help out there would be appreciated.

hey guys well last night we finally got the heads and cam in my 1993 z28 camaro. I put a comp cam xe 224/230 112 lsa, with le1 heads, longtubes, off road y-pipe, thorttle body and few other supporting mods. Anyways when we go to crank the car and it is complety holding a nasty, nasty idle, almost like its a pro stock or something. I Check all the plug wires to make sure they were not cross wired, and thats not the problem. The problem is its a 1993 so its a speed density car, not MAF.(this in turn allows the injectors to be aligned any way you want it, fires bank 1 and bank 2 instead of each indiviual injector). I had ion @ madz28, tune a chip for it, but it just seems to not want to idle even in PARK!!! I mean we set the rockers to zero lash but it still acts like valves are open and its like completly off timing. I figured the opti could of been off, but my mechanice said it was dummy splined so i am complety puzzled now. It also will not wrap if you floor it complety, like its firing on 5 cylinders or something.Do you have to set Crane gold 1.6 SA roller rockers to a certain lash setting ? I have them at zero now, but is there suppose to be some chatter in the rockers still ? I also know for sure we got no water or anything in the optispark.Thanks in advance guys and I appreciate any help out there!