Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Copy/Paste Problems with HPTuners

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 03:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Copy/Paste Problems with HPTuners

I Have been try to get my ltrims set for a while now. I have done a few scan logs of drives that were 30 min+. Then when I go to my histogram display in the logged file and try to paste it to my VCM Editor It changed the cells to the + or - number that was in the L Trim cells rather than adding or subtracting from the numbers that are in the fuel cells. Please help me out here. Thanks.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:22 PM
TECH Junkie

When you right click to paste, theres a submenu that says "special", go there and you will see the option "add", that's what you want. If you just paste, it will replace the values, not add/subtract them.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thats what confused me because it said add rather than like add subtract. thanks. Now i dont have to punch in cell by cell.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whoa! Wait a second, you do not want to add the LTFT values directly to your VE Table! Are you SD tuning correctly? You need to add the LTFTs and STFT values together and then paste those results using the special multiply by half %. This is the proper way of doing it, and it will not over shoot you on your corrections.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am SD tuning and i havent been going by half. Why would you be concerned with STrims as they are only short term L Trims are averaged over a long period of time. How/where do you add the ltrims & strims then paste (an excell spreadsheet?) My LTrims are looking pretty good lately. I just did the special and add thing to the VE Table and some numbers came out negative in the VE Table.

Quick Reply: Copy/Paste Problems with HPTuners