PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some serious help, quick...

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 11:12 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some serious help, quick...

I tried using my HPTuners (selected 2000 F body and 2002 f body) on my friends 2002 Camaro SS, after messing with my tune a lil bit. His car was initially tuned with Diablo (so was mine) and then LS1Edit (so was mine). Read the tune in his PCM, changed timing in the high octane table for nitrous use so it was only upper RPMs, changed MAP MIN MAX from 65/85 to 75/85. And thats all I can recall. Started his car, it idled fine, then he went to drive off and it began spitting and sputtering VERY BAD too. The Fuel Trims were maxed out and after driving for some time slowly began to work their ways down to somewhat normal levels. As the trims came down, the car ran better, and was able to pull WOT without issues. Shut the car off, come out the next day and the car runs like **** again. He then put the Edit tune back in, it seemed to start up better, and run a lil better...Until the next time he drove it, and it ran like *** all over again. I am stumped. MNR-0 (sorry if thats not the name) suggested that the IFR and some other tables may have shifted during the reading Edit to writing HPT, I am on my way now to go find out. Sorry, but this is all I can provide so far. Just really need to get this right before he's *** out a car again.

Charlie
Old 04-27-2005, 01:20 AM
Restricted User

Ok, well went back, read the VCM, made sure there were no rogue values in the IFR, Main Spark, PE etc like was suggested by MNR-0, everything was cool there. So, I went, Get he VCM ID's, then made a couple changes to the tune, and wrote it in. No issues with the popping etc.
Only thing I did different was I got the VCM ID's, where before I hadnt. Is this necessary?
Old 04-27-2005, 03:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Charly check your pm's brother!!
Old 04-27-2005, 04:15 PM
Restricted User

got it thanks Nick.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:51 AM
Restricted User

ok, update.....I also tuned the MAP P0106 fail to 105kpa since it kept setting after cam install (yes replaced the MAP prior).

Heres the update:

It acts like described above, popping and bucking etc BUT ONLY DURING THE COLD STARTS! Which would have been helpful to know earlier but the owner hadnt tried it anyother time than once a day. So, I am thinking of the following:

1) Check O2 Circuitry (which bytes do I want to select to scan in HPT?)

2) Swap O2's and do a cold start.

3) Start checking all tables with X vs. ETC....fuel/airflow/spark.

Any ideas plz feel free to kick me in the happy sack!

Charlie