Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning in SD for MAF

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 07:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tuning in SD for MAF

O.k. in speed density mode am I in open loop or closed loop operation? Which one do I want to be in for tuning purposes, and does open loop f/a mean the same as PE. The tables look the same, and at WOT aren't you in open loop mode? I know PE mode is set by RPM, but what about open loop operation. And yes I will running a MAF after this tune.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SuperC1
O.k. in speed density mode am I in open loop or closed loop operation? Which one do I want to be in for tuning purposes, and does open loop f/a mean the same as PE. The tables look the same, and at WOT aren't you in open loop mode? I know PE mode is set by RPM, but what about open loop operation. And yes I will running a MAF after this tune.
MAF MODE: DUH

SPEED DENSITY (SD MODE): MAF OFFLINE, USES VE TO DETERMINE AIRMASS FOR FUELING OPERATIONS. VE TABLE NEEDS TO BE TUNED WELL FOR PRODUCTIVE RESULTS

OPEN LOOP: FUEL MULTIPLIERS TO CONTROL FUELING UNTIL O2s ARE READY, GENERALLY ON STARTUP AND WILL NOT RUN AS COMMANDED UNLESS THE VE IS TUNED OUT CORRECTLY. THE VE IS THE DIRECT REFERENCE IN DERIVING AFR PRODUCTION VS COMMANDED AFR

CLOSED LOOP: ONCE O2s ARE WARM, THIS MODE TAKES OVER TO CONTROL AND ADJUST FUELING OPERATIONS TO KEEP YOU AT STOICH AFR (14.7) VIA O2 FEEDBACK AND FUEL TRIMMING

PE MODE: CLOSED LOOP FUELING CEASES AND FUEL MULTIPLIERS CONTROL AFR FOR POWER PRODUCTION SIMILARLY TO OPEN LOOP, GENERALLY SEEN AT HIGH TPS VALUES, POSITIVE TRIMMING MAY CARRY OVER, MAF OR VE MUST BE WELL TUNED

I wrote it big this time so maybe people will see it... Search.....
Old 04-28-2005, 08:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by txhorns281
MAF MODE: DUH

SPEED DENSITY (SD MODE): MAF OFFLINE, USES VE TO DETERMINE AIRMASS FOR FUELING OPERATIONS. VE TABLE NEEDS TO BE TUNED WELL FOR PRODUCTIVE RESULTS

OPEN LOOP: FUEL MULTIPLIERS TO CONTROL FUELING UNTIL O2s ARE READY, GENERALLY ON STARTUP AND WILL NOT RUN AS COMMANDED UNLESS THE VE IS TUNED OUT CORRECTLY. THE VE IS THE DIRECT REFERENCE IN DERIVING AFR PRODUCTION VS COMMANDED AFR

CLOSED LOOP: ONCE O2s ARE WARM, THIS MODE TAKES OVER TO CONTROL AND ADJUST FUELING OPERATIONS TO KEEP YOU AT STOICH AFR (14.7) VIA O2 FEEDBACK AND FUEL TRIMMING

PE MODE: CLOSED LOOP FUELING CEASES AND FUEL MULTIPLIERS CONTROL AFR FOR POWER PRODUCTION SIMILARLY TO OPEN LOOP, GENERALLY SEEN AT HIGH TPS VALUES, POSITIVE TRIMMING MAY CARRY OVER, MAF OR VE MUST BE WELL TUNED

I wrote it big this time so maybe people will see it... Search.....
Wait a minute;DUH: You didn't answer the question. This is not to bring on aggression. But if you're tired of explaining it then don't answer the question.

Ignorance and confusion can easily discourage an unexperienced tuner. Be careful how you address someone on the board. I didn't need an explaination of the functions, but general info for optimization.
This forum is a place for decentralizing confusion. Yes it has been said in many other posts, but additional info is my option.

Not to stir things up but I'm quite sure that this may be asked again by someone else in the future, and writing in big letters won't stop them from asking.

The question was about open and closed loop tuning while in SD mode while preparing to run a MAF.
I got the answer I was looking for, so for anybody else who may have wanted to know, I 'll post my findings.

Thanks
Old 04-28-2005, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SuperC1
Wait a minute;DUH: You didn't answer the question. This is not to bring on aggression. But if you're tired of explaining it then don't answer the question.

Ignorance and confusion can easily discourage an unexperienced tuner. Be careful how you address someone on the board. I didn't need an explaination of the functions, but general info for optimization.
This forum is a place for decentralizing confusion. Yes it has been said in many other posts, but additional info is my option.

Not to stir things up but I'm quite sure that this may be asked again by someone else in the future, and writing in big letters won't stop them from asking.

The question was about open and closed loop tuning while in SD mode while preparing to run a MAF.
I got the answer I was looking for, so for anybody else who may have wanted to know, I 'll post my findings.

Thanks
I guess nothing will make people search readily available information to avoid ignornance and confusion... You're right, I'll be more careful next time. Glad you found your answers. If you didn't intuitively figure it out, each of these functions are independent of each other and all control/command fueling in different ways. It's your choice to mate any of these combos...

Welcome
Old 04-28-2005, 01:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by txhorns281
I guess nothing will make people search readily available information to avoid ignornance and confusion... You're right, I'll be more careful next time. Glad you found your answers. If you didn't intuitively figure it out, each of these functions are independent of each other and all control/command fueling in different ways. It's your choice to mate any of these combos...

Welcome
Good deal, just trying to grasp knowledge from all aspects,
thanks for your help tx.