Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPP3 and timing tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 03:09 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question HPP3 and timing tuner?

I want to do nitrous later this year and have a hypertech tune in the car right now. A friend said the HPP3 would inyerfere with the timing tuner and stuff wouldnt work right. Is he right? I dont think or hope he is.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:26 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by nrayome98TA
I want to do nitrous later this year and have a hypertech tune in the car right now. A friend said the HPP3 would inyerfere with the timing tuner and stuff wouldnt work right. Is he right? I dont think or hope he is.
Having just sold my 98 PPIII for HPT I can tell you:

1. You can overwrite the PPIII tune with another tune no problem
2. You should yank/overwrite the PPIII tune from that thing after hitting the bottle. Their tune is strictly for 100% stock configurations. Don't take the chance. I gained a few HP, but many with slight mods said they lost power too.
3. If you overwrite the tune, I'd return the car to stock with the PPIII first so you can sell it
Old 05-25-2005, 02:40 AM
Launching!

Question

what exactly does the hpp3 tune? I only really got it to correct for gears and make the tranny shift harder. I'd love to get rid of it but then my speedo will be off again.
Old 05-25-2005, 05:19 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by nrayome98TA
what exactly does the hpp3 tune? I only really got it to correct for gears and make the tranny shift harder. I'd love to get rid of it but then my speedo will be off again.
turn the programmer on. then push Y to go back to stock. turn car off as it says, then turn ignition back on and start the programmer again. this time around when it asks if you wish to install power tuning press N, and then set the rest of your options the way you had them (gears and stuff). I don't think it lets you take out their "power tuning" without removing everything else all at once. But it does let you adjust for different gear ratios without their tuning if you start with a stock tune...maybe this will help out.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:20 AM
Launching!

Cool thanks for the help. I was thinking I could do that but wasn't sure. Thanks for clearing it up for me.