PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need tranny controller for automatic!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 12:22 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need tranny controller for automatic!

I am looking for a "pre-made" plug in controller to be used to control the automatic tranny when on the dyno. Something that will keep the car from downshifting as well as lock up the converter during pulls and steady state tuning. Does anyone know of such a unit?? I'm sure if I studied the OEM wiring I could fabricate something in due time but would prefer to find a complete unit already done!

Thanks
Old 06-03-2005, 08:02 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 9D9LS
I am looking for a "pre-made" plug in controller to be used to control the automatic tranny when on the dyno. Something that will keep the car from downshifting as well as lock up the converter during pulls and steady state tuning. Does anyone know of such a unit?? I'm sure if I studied the OEM wiring I could fabricate something in due time but would prefer to find a complete unit already done!

Thanks

Well if it's running off a factory VCM, you can set the WOT and TCC properties via software or use the VCM controls in the scanner to command a gear and lock the TCC.

The last one we had that appeared to be downshifting turned out to be the stator sprag giving up the ghost.

I guess 730Rrwhp was a little more than the built 4l60E could handle
We knew it would be close to the limits, but wanted to see for sure...

The trans is now being swapped out for a TH400 so we can complete the pull/tuning and see what this little procharged 5.7 can really do.

Regards,
Ken
http://www.hptuners.com
Old 06-03-2005, 08:58 AM
FormerVendor

Ken, you guys at HPT are everywhere!!

I knew I could control the tranny throught your software but didn't know if the system would allow you do long data and also tell the converter to lock up and keep the tranny from downshifting at one shot. Sounded like a lot of things happening at once through the laptop!
Old 06-03-2005, 09:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup, that is what HPTuners allows. We have done that one my 2001 Camaro SS, logged data with the 3rd gear option selected (won't allow any other gear shifts up or down) and the TCC locked.