Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hp Tuner

is the hp tuner complicated to use?
Old 06-12-2005, 06:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS198TA
is the hp tuner complicated to use?
depends on what you're using it for. you can be using it to turn off some SES lights (easy) to messing with some tables which can get pretty involved. There's some great information here in the forums; I have never used the software myself but I check the PCM forums regularly trying to gain knowledge for when I attempt it here in a couple weeks. There's some great sticky's here at the top of the forum that very knowledgable people have contributed to and it's a great place to start if you haven't done so already. I can't vouch one way or the other on if it's easy for me, but with the right preperation you can make things a lot easier if you decide to get deep into tuning. If you want to tune and don't wish to make the commitment to educate yourself, you might be wise to find someone that knows what they are doing rather than go into it blind. There are plenty of people and speed shops who will tune for a small fee.
Old 06-12-2005, 07:02 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

the software is not hard to use...
but understanding what you are reading and changing can be a bit tricky sometimes...
it helps if you read a lot when you are first trying to learn how to tune

the software is very user friendly....
and from what little I have seen of 2.0(whenevr it finally comes out)it gets even easier and more user adjustable