PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

PCM swap and alarm systems

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005 | 03:21 PM
On The Tree

Arrow PCM swap and alarm systems

I'm going to swap my PCM this week, but am wondering if I will have any difficulties with my alarm. Doing this on my 2000 Silverado 5.3 and it has a VIPER 791XV with remote start. Anyone have experiance with this and their DEI alarm with the remote start? (Viper/Clifford/Python)

Reason I ask is the remote start requires a resistor in the ignition to pose as the key when the remote start is used. Makes me wonder...
Old 06-13-2005 | 03:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheChronic
I'm going to swap my PCM this week, but am wondering if I will have any difficulties with my alarm. Doing this on my 2000 Silverado 5.3 and it has a VIPER 791XV with remote start. Anyone have experiance with this and their DEI alarm with the remote start? (Viper/Clifford/Python)

Reason I ask is the remote start requires a resistor in the ignition to pose as the key when the remote start is used. Makes me wonder...
It won't affect the alarm but will affect the vats system. You will have to do a VATs relearn. Other than that it should be fine
Old 06-13-2005 | 03:33 PM
On The Tree

is that the passkey procedure?
Old 06-14-2005 | 02:31 PM
On The Tree

Well just an update for anyone who would like to know my experiance, after putting the new PCM in, I had to do the passkey procedure, and then the engine fired right up with a perfect idle. The alarm is working fine and it hasn't given me any greif with the passkey again.
Old 06-14-2005 | 04:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheChronic
Well just an update for anyone who would like to know my experiance, after putting the new PCM in, I had to do the passkey procedure, and then the engine fired right up with a perfect idle. The alarm is working fine and it hasn't given me any greif with the passkey again.
told ya