Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idle problems...help

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 10:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Idle problems...help

Got a 427 that just recently developed a nasty idle problem. It acts like the throttle is stuck and hangs at around 2000-3000 rpm's after engaging the clutch or being in nuetral. This lasts for approximately 15 seconds or so than drops down to normal 1000 ish rpms. this happens during both closed and open loop. easy drivng or WOT. and it is not spuratic...happens every time.

Some times I just have to tap the gas pedal and it drops down but not always...sometimes when i touch the gas pedal the rpm's jump up to 3000 and stay for a few seconds.

has a 90 mm tb, could not find any vacuum leaks.

I have HPT but not sure it's a tune issue as this was not a problem until recently on the same tune I've had for a long time...

Please help

Thanks!!!
Old 06-16-2005, 10:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You could log throttle position and iac position to see what they're doing... but is your throttle body a FAST 90mm by chance? I know they were having problems with the throttle cam moving around on the throttle shaft a while ago.
Old 06-17-2005, 07:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by P Mack
You could log throttle position and iac position to see what they're doing... but is your throttle body a FAST 90mm by chance? I know they were having problems with the throttle cam moving around on the throttle shaft a while ago.
I've got a FAST 90 but I've had for over a year with no problem. I'll check for that though, thanks!
Old 06-17-2005, 03:30 PM
Ozz
Launching!

I had the same issues and gave up on the Fast for the Nick Williams TB and I no longer have the problem.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ozz
I had the same issues and gave up on the Fast for the Nick Williams TB and I no longer have the problem.
who sales Nick Williams? Thanks for the heads up!!!
Old 06-17-2005, 05:23 PM
TECH Resident

Nick williams is a guy in Mt. Ulla near charlotte, NC and he makes some damn good TB's. this is the link to ls1speed that sells his TB's. I have his TB and a FAST intake and my dad and i installed it and we aren't the smartest in the world but we got it done the first time and no problems what so ever, been on for 2 months and simply off of the intake and TB with NO TUNE i gained 18HP and 21TQ so idk why all these people say that there are no difference between ls6 and lsx intake with dyno numbers...and i gained those numbers on a rainy day...numbers are in sig

if you want his number to talk to him let me know...i have it but i don't like giving it out because i know he stays busy.

http://www.ls1speed.com/catagory.cfm?catagory=Induction