Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

calibrating kr tables

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 07:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default calibrating kr tables

Im interested in some knowledge on tuning the kr tables specifically the global gain and kr sensor level tables.
Obviously the higher the value the less sensitive but what does that value represent.

When we change valve train components it creates alot more "noise" is there any way to guage the level of valvetrain noise over stock. How does GM decipher which level of Global KR to use? What is considered a safe sensor level value?
Old 06-18-2005, 10:47 AM
Staging Lane

I wouldn't mind knowing either, having tuned my tables to get rid of the false KR. My guess would be the global sensor gain table in some way references dB levels since the sensors are piezo microphones. Since raising the values in the 65 kPa and up range decreases sensitivity it may be an attenuation factor; the help reference says it's a multiplier.

I first changed this value to 4 across the board and KR vanished. It has since been backed down to 2, looking to see where the hairy edge is. Need more time to test. I read a post on the HPT forum where someone did something similar and I think found 1.5 was the limit for his car.
Old 06-18-2005, 09:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by dvanorder
I wouldn't mind knowing either, having tuned my tables to get rid of the false KR. My guess would be the global sensor gain table in some way references dB levels since the sensors are piezo microphones. Since raising the values in the 65 kPa and up range decreases sensitivity it may be an attenuation factor; the help reference says it's a multiplier.

I first changed this value to 4 across the board and KR vanished. It has since been backed down to 2, looking to see where the hairy edge is. Need more time to test. I read a post on the HPT forum where someone did something similar and I think found 1.5 was the limit for his car.
if you find anything out post it up, Ill do the same