Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need closed loop operation!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 02:27 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need closed loop operation!!!

hey guys i bought a parts car a month or so ago now and when i got it home i took it for a boot just down the road and back and it smoked the tires of the thing... it was shifting into third when i had to let of still smoking but now i have it in my iroc I'm obviously not running all the regular sensors like fuel tank pressure and rear o2's as well as the rest of those pesky fuel tank and evap and air pump sensors can i get them deleted to make the car run in closed loop again?? or is it absolutely neccessary to have all this hooked up??? i was told to edit them out (the ones im not hooking up) and it will run like it did before, I know its nuthing like it was before PLEASE HELP!!!!
Old 07-06-2005, 10:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

(using your writing style for ease of reading)

mines in an 82 Z28 and closed loop hits no problem I just cancelled out the tests and error codes for the sensors I wasn't using and that was all it took sensors deleted include rear O2 sensors (bank 1 sensor 2, bank 2 sensor 2) fuel tank pressure sensor AIR there may be others I don't have my notes handy but it was very intuitive in LS1-Edit as it lists both the code # and the sensor function being tested so either buy HPTuners or LS1-Edit or EFILive or else find a shop to do the editing for you.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:30 PM
Launching!

ok thanks man at least now i know things wil be looking better when i get them edited hahaha,,, how much of a diference did it make for you??? the car is running strong but it doesnt have the ripping power it had in the factory car??? will it come back when i have things edited out???? or did u notice much difference at all???
Old 07-06-2005, 02:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My car came off the stands and rolled out of my garage w/ the codes disabled, so no direct comparison that I can make.

However, when I had problems earlier this year with P0200 error code knocking it into Open Loop or Closed Loop/Fault I felt a lot of power loss, though. It knocks down to the Low Octane spark map which is super low advance, zeroes out the LTFT learned values, and who knows what else...the gas pedal felt really lame.

The best performance benchmark I have is on the road courses with nice long straights...it runs pretty much evenly with the four stock Z06 Vettes in my run group. Some of them I can pass, some I can just keep up with. They have better heads and exhaust manifolds, I have more cam and bigger exhaust.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:54 AM
Launching!

wow ok then im guessing these problems are really hurting the performance cause im running 14's rouphly now so with tunning i should prolly drop a second or so hahaha ok thanks for the imput man hope things go well for you and thanks again!!!!