Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPT A4 Tranny Shift Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 04:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question HPT A4 Tranny Shift Question

When I set my Shift MPH and RPM's for WOT with an A4 ,Do I switch it in Normal or Performance?I was told to only do Normal?Why not do Performance?
Thanks!

Last edited by Pro Mouse; 07-11-2005 at 05:00 PM. Reason: left out info
Old 07-11-2005, 05:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

i do all the tables, but the performance tables aren't used unless you activate them (pin on the PCM I believe that can activate performance mode)
Old 07-11-2005, 05:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok Thanks Horist ,I will do both just incase.I changed only the Normal it seemed to have the command I told it.I was just told by my tuner not to touch performance and I didnt know why....
Scott
Old 07-12-2005, 08:53 AM
TECH Junkie

All you really need to change is the WOT table for WOT shift points. Those tables are selected based on what the settings are for enabling the WOT shift parameters (WOT Shift Enable/Disable). I modify my Part Throttle tables first, then I copy and paste the 100% TPS values over to the WOT Shift tables. After that I adjust my WOT Enable settings to where I feel comfortable.

Horist, do you know what pin that would be on the ECM (Performance Mode)?
Old 07-12-2005, 11:29 AM
TECH Addict

THe performance mode can be turned on, but it has to be turned on in the pcm also bin file, not just an input from the pin.
There are three modes that you could set to activate,
Also there is a "manual automatic" mode you can set up too.

The normal tables are the only ones you should change, the others are just a waste to time unless you turn on the other modes.
Jes
Old 07-12-2005, 12:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jes...

Can you elaborate a little more on this "manual automatic mode" you mentioned?
Old 07-12-2005, 12:18 PM
TECH Addict

Yes, When turned on in the bin, it allows 100% control of the transmission. When you are in 3rd, it stays in third and wont ever leave. it will start off in 4th if you have it set for that.
I used it on my car awhile ago when i was on the street racing scene, I could do killer launches with it taking off in 2nd gear.

The pcm pin number is 31 for the manual mode, but like i said it is not valid unless turned on.
The only tuning software that i know of that this is even available to turn on is efilive's flashscan.
I even mail the correct wire stuff for everyone to plug into the computer when they ask. Jes
Old 07-12-2005, 03:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wait4me
Yes, When turned on in the bin, it allows 100% control of the transmission. When you are in 3rd, it stays in third and wont ever leave. it will start off in 4th if you have it set for that.
I used it on my car awhile ago when i was on the street racing scene, I could do killer launches with it taking off in 2nd gear.

The pcm pin number is 31 for the manual mode, but like i said it is not valid unless turned on.
The only tuning software that i know of that this is even available to turn on is efilive's flashscan.
I even mail the correct wire stuff for everyone to plug into the computer when they ask. Jes
I bought Flashscan from you about a month ago and it's been a blast. If you wouldn't mind shooting me an email or something with instructions on how to do this, I'd be greatful. Also, how is it on the downshifts (i.e. going from 4th to 2nd @ 45)?
Old 07-12-2005, 03:39 PM
TECH Addict

If you shift to 2nd it goes to second. ect,.. you are in charge. the table to turn on the buttons are D0409 Then set it to "two switches"
Then just put the pin in the computer, and it gets a ground signal pulse to turn the mode on or off. Jes
Old 07-12-2005, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Seems how I have HPT I guess I wont be doing thisI wisssshhhhh I could Take off in second= No tire spin = Kicking some butt