Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Help!

Well bone stock I ran a 13.5 @ 103.0 with a 2.05 60 ft. on a G-tech I borrowed from friend. Now I know they aren't accurate but after my mods I should have at least seen better times on the device no???

Well Yesterday we finished up the exhuast on my car and I took it out. The mods are in the sig. I only ran a 13.40 @ 105??? Wtf is going on. I know I should be doing better, and my 60 ft. was a 2.04...

The reason the post is in this section is becuase I think it needs a tune. Since I went from having Cats to no Cats, I believe I need one. After a hard run is over, I am slowing down and and come to a stop. When I do, the RPM's drop to 500, then back up to 750 after a few seconds. From what I can tell this would require a tune am I correct?

Help!!!
Old 07-13-2005, 03:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your mph looks low. Normally, on a G-Tech it will read high. It's possible the sensor was not mounted/calibrated correctly. Then again, there are too many variables to even consider like weather conditions, temps, altitude, how flat the road was, whether or not your car was pulling timing from the CA 91 octane, etc. Your best bet would be to get to a track and practice, practice, practice running the real 1/4 mile. Take note of other LS1's running and find out what mods they have. Not all are the same nor are the drivers, but you can get a general feel for the track that way. Chances are with your mods, you're running a little rich. A decent tune may free up 15-20hp. Either way, I don't see why you shouldn't see a 13.2s @ 107mph. That would be my guess as to where that car should be.