Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will a tune help this?.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 09:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will a tune help this?.....

Ok gang, I need some expert advice. My 2002 Z with QTP long tubes with O2 sensors, no cats, y-pipe, borla, BBK T/B, SLP Mass, has a stumbling problem. When I first start it up and the air pump is running, it will bog down for the first 1/8 mile, then it will come to life and not have any more problems until I start it up again. Makes no difference hot or cold. The dealer said that the air pump is not being recognized by the computer and that it is dumping air into the system and making it run lean.

When I bought the car from the dealer, the air pump was not hooked up, and it did this, but very badly and the dealer hooked the air pump back up, and now 2 months later it started this bogging again, but only briefly.

What I want to know is if the previous owner may have worked on the computer and programed this thing to run to rich/lean and that could be what is causing the misfire/bogging and if so, would a new tune by a qualified person cure this? Or is this something more mechanical and I need to look for it that way?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated..........