Sponsored by:

Dyno Video

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 09:46 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno Video

Hi Guys,

I thought you might like to take a look at a cool video of an Autronic SM4 running a very high RPM motorcycle engine on the dyno.

(okay, so its not an LS-1, but its still very cool, and has to do with tuning an ECU on the dyno.) Plus this ECU *could* be used on an LS-1 engine very easily.

It doesn't make tons of power or anything, but enough that this thing will go over 230 mph at this year's World Speed Finals in Bonneville!

Last year the bike broke the world record for 650cc N/A category at 210.7 MPH.

At the end of the video there is a 2 minute and 15 second dyno pull at full throttle with NITROUS the whole time!

The SM4 is controlling the nitrous functions {ign retard and extra fuel} plus the flat shift, fan control, extra water temp sensor, and automatic upshifts via the "Klick-Tronik" electronic shift solenoid.

A user defined table was set-up to shift via RPM/TPS, but in the future it will be RPM/MPH from wheel speed sensors!

All the rider needs to do is hold the throttle open and the SM4 will do the rest!

Hope you like it!
-Ben

click here: www.efi101.com/arrow.wmv
Old 07-20-2005, 09:57 PM
TECH Resident

Hey Ben, this is a freaking awesome video! This is the Bike you were talking about in Colorado this past weekend? I was there, one of the three "kids" from Wyotech. BTW, AWESOME class, I believe that was the best money I have put toward my projects AND career yet. I will see you soon for an Advanced class.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:02 PM
TECH Addict

That was a total snore-fest. You guys could have at least blown up the engine and shot a piston through a door or something to entertain me.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Cool video Ben!
Old 07-21-2005, 04:45 AM
On The Tree

It doesn't make tons of power or anything, but enough that this thing will go over 230 mph at this year's World Speed Finals in Bonneville!
considering it has less capacity than 1 LS1 cylinder i would say it makes quite a bit of power .