Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAF operates properly

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 10:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAF operates properly

How can you check to see if your MAF is working properly? The reason I ask is because I "accidently" banged one of the wires while porting the ends. Truck runs fine now. I used RHS's MAF calibration and afterwards I couldn't hold a steady idle.

So, now I'm beginning to wonder. This is bothering me a tad especially since I'm just about to purchase a dry shot of nitrous. I really don't need my MAF acting up.

Is there any way I could check to make sure I didn't... screw it up?
Old 08-01-2005, 02:50 AM
TECH Junkie

log hz on something like that I would think either it works or it doesnt

did it throw you trims way off after the incident, if not I wouldnt worry about it
Old 08-01-2005, 05:58 AM
Banned

Well that sucks man but if you need a maf shoot me a pm. I have my stock one i removed when going speed density and don't really need it.

Nate
Old 08-01-2005, 07:14 AM
TECH Veteran

Seemed to running good in SD. Plugged the maf back in and then ran RHS's maf cal. and it wouldn't idle. Put in the factory maf table and it just doesn't feel as "peppy". Throttle response isn't there like it should be.

02Sierra, what am I looking for while running MAF HZ? Is there anything that I should be aware of that might seem out of place?

Taufern, I'll need a 5.3L maf. Do you have an extra one of these or do you have the F-body?
Old 08-01-2005, 08:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MAF is only partially responsible for the idle operation, there's like a million other ones that will screw it up more (RAF is the most common offender). If you have problems, send me your data and your spreadsheet, I'll take a look at it, the address is in the spreadsheet (I don't know why but people never notice that)
Old 08-01-2005, 12:52 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The problems you listed are exactly why I'm doing a full time, closed loop SD tune (no MAF, but the O2 sensors are still giving feedback). I'll just keep an eye on everything as the weather changes, but my car runs so well right now that I don't really ever care to turn the MAF back on.