PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Security/Headlight Question...(Malfunction)

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 02:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Security/Headlight Question...(Malfunction)

When I first got my '00 T/A (in sig), when I pressed the security unlock/lock button on the keyless entry, the only thing that "happend" on the extierior of the car was the side/marker lights flashed a couple of times.

Then one day a couple of weeks ago I come out of the grocery store and go to unlock the car and the headlights popped up and went down with the blinking lights.

Ironically, the driverside headlight motor would keep "going" after the light shut. I just figured that it was going bad and it just "happend" to start making the noise the first time that security made the lights pop up.

So, 1. has anyone else ever had their HL's pop up when they unlock/lock their car using the keyless entry?? 2. anyone think that the above has anything to do with the HL motor??

TIA, Jon
Old 08-01-2005, 02:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Search is your friend in this matter (search terms "Headlight Up Down Lock" yields lots of results)... when the motor starts going this starts happening... actually not the motor, but the gear inside the motor... so you can

1. Buy a new motor
2. Pull the gear out of the motor and rotate 180* (only 1/2 of the gear is used)
3. Pull the gear out and replace w/brass gears (forget who sells these)
Old 08-01-2005, 04:48 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks for telling me what I already know.

To reiterate, has anyone ever had their HL's open/close upon using the keyless entry?

I've never seen an F-body do this before...ever.

Jon
Old 08-01-2005, 04:52 PM
TECH Resident

once you fix the gear on the headlight, it wont do that anymore.

Turn the gear 180 degrees. Thats what I did, cured it.

When I hit lock, my horn honks twice.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by COMNBYU
Thanks for telling me what I already know.

To reiterate, has anyone ever had their HL's open/close upon using the keyless entry?

I've never seen an F-body do this before...ever.

Jon

if you would use the search terms I listed ... YES THIS IS A COMMON PROBLEM .... I even stated "when the motor starts going this starts happening" indicating that when the motor starts going... what you described starts happening ... but I guess between that and telling you to search (and giving you the exact search term to use) wasn't clear enough and you already knew all that....

I have had this happen before when my head light motor gears were wearing out... when you lower the lights they grind, when you lock or unlock the car via the remote they flip up and down.... using the search terms I listed there are many others that have had this problem in the past... (exact thing you asked about but already knew?

but if You already knew that then why are you asking? Next time I'll just tell you to Use the search and not tell you what to check specifically and not tell you it's normal when the headlight motor gear wears out...

To Reiterate
Search is your friend in this matter (search terms "Headlight Up Down Lock" yields lots of results)... when the motor starts going this starts happening... actually not the motor, but the gear inside the motor... so you can

1. Buy a new motor
2. Pull the gear out of the motor and rotate 180* (only 1/2 of the gear is used)
3. Pull the gear out and replace w/brass gears (forget who sells these)
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...t+up+Down+Lock

Yup lots of people have had the exact thing happen.. but you already knew that ... since you already knew that and apparently posted this just for a free post??? I'm locking it

Last edited by horist; 08-01-2005 at 05:07 PM.