PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Question on IAC and Autotap

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005 | 10:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Question on IAC and Autotap

How do I determine what the IAC's are with autotap. Either I have something wrong or I'm not doing something right. I've used the IAC Motor Control Counts in autotap and all I get is 0's. Am I using the wrong item or is something else wrong?
Old 08-02-2005 | 08:51 AM
Staging Lane

No your in the right place I have the same problem. I was told 0 means the car is getting too much air and the IAC is closed all the way inorder to try to keep any more air from comming in but I've been talking to some people about my problem with my 90mm and they are saying I should drill my tb to make it run better which confuses the **** outta me. If the IAC count is 0 meaning too much air how would drilling a hole help? Wouldn't that make it worse?
Old 08-02-2005 | 11:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

DO NOT DRILL THE TB BLADE. if its reading zero and is commanding 0 then your counts are out of line. first thing you cna do is see waht the tps voltage is, should be around .61 or so for a cammed car. you can adjust oyur set screw on the tb to close it and get the voltage lower. i had this problem on a car iw as tuning. the dynamic airflow never matched the desired because the throttle body was set too far open. once ihad him shut it to .61 v everything came in line
Old 08-02-2005 | 10:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ultra Z
No your in the right place I have the same problem. I was told 0 means the car is getting too much air and the IAC is closed all the way inorder to try to keep any more air from comming in but I've been talking to some people about my problem with my 90mm and they are saying I should drill my tb to make it run better which confuses the **** outta me. If the IAC count is 0 meaning too much air how would drilling a hole help? Wouldn't that make it worse?
I don't think I'm going to drill the tb hole any bigger. That makes no sense. That would let more air in, I think that would me a higher idle. An interesting event tonight on this issue. I was driving home and turned the a/c on. The car ran perfectly. No high idle, push in on the clutch and the idle dropped right down. Turn the a/c off and suddenly your doing 45 mph without your foot being on the gas. I can't figure this thing out.
Old 08-05-2005 | 07:12 AM
10 Second Club

Did you check for a vacuum leak?? Sounds like your getting unmetered air from somewhere and the IAC can't compensate anymore.
Old 08-05-2005 | 08:01 AM
TECH Addict

the cruising effect. have you messed with the intake manifold lately? just use some carb cleaner to find the leak if there is one.