PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my LTFT and KR

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 04:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

edit, fuel control, open and closed loop. Right on the opening screen to your right.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well I reset my fuel trims a few days ago and took this log yesterday. I cut and pasted straight from the scanner and I'm still getting the same pockets of rich. I AM in SD tuning now. Granted rich is better than lean, but I can't seem to get it right

LTFT(avg)
Old 08-11-2005, 12:57 PM
TECH Regular

Well you need to take alot of those values that are lower than -5 and move then closer to the -4 to 0 range if possible.

If you want, it might be easier to just disable LTFT and do a quick 20min log of STFTs and get the whole VE in the 0 to -4 range. Then adjust timing and then go back and make sure the STFTs are still in the 0 to -4 range, then once that done, calibrate the MAF to keep it in the 0 to -4 range and then enable LTFT and you are done.

Dixit
Old 08-11-2005, 01:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dixit
Well you need to take alot of those values that are lower than -5 and move then closer to the -4 to 0 range if possible.

If you want, it might be easier to just disable LTFT and do a quick 20min log of STFTs and get the whole VE in the 0 to -4 range. Then adjust timing and then go back and make sure the STFTs are still in the 0 to -4 range, then once that done, calibrate the MAF to keep it in the 0 to -4 range and then enable LTFT and you are done.

Dixit
Ok I may give this a shot. Is there anything else I should use to adjust my timing besides KR?
Old 08-11-2005, 02:00 PM
TECH Regular

KR is pretty much all you can rely on.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here are my STFT(not sure if this is even close to normal). Yes those are the average values. do I just go in the primary VE table and adjust as if I was doing the LTFT? If so I may be pulling nearly all the fuel the car is getting. Here is a current graph of the Primary VE

Old 08-11-2005, 03:23 PM
TECH Regular

Man those STFTs are off big time, you want that as close to 0 as possible. Is that STFTs after you disabled the LTFT?

Yea you just go in VE and subtrace or add that cell by the amount of percentage its off shown in the histogram.

Dixit
Old 08-11-2005, 05:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dixit
Man those STFTs are off big time, you want that as close to 0 as possible. Is that STFTs after you disabled the LTFT?

Yea you just go in VE and subtrace or add that cell by the amount of percentage its off shown in the histogram.

Dixit
For KR, since I'm in SD mode, do I adjust the low octane spark table?
Old 08-11-2005, 07:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok I adjusted the table and did another log. SAME ******* **** ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!! I have done everything just like I've been told and this **** has not changed after 12 different tunes!!! WTF AM I DOING WRONG???? Could a bad 02 give me stupid readings?? Hell I don't think they are bad, but I have no other options at this point.

I'm going to put a bullet or 2 in the computer in a minute!

edit: I just read that I have to use the SECONDARY VE table. In all the documents I have read that has not been in there.

Last edited by KALEL; 08-11-2005 at 08:23 PM.