Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DJ wideband question

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 04:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default DJ wideband question

ok I hooked up to the tach wire on my 98 ta which is supposed to be the white wire on pin 35 on the blue connector on 98 cars only. I did this and the tach jumps eraticly and doesnt rev right with the car when i watch it on the laptop. Ive go the tps hooked up and working right. anyone have any ideas?
thanks in advance, jason
Old 08-26-2005, 09:44 PM
TECH Resident

I have FJO's wideband, and my RPM was always off... they have a RPM multiplier, and I had to do multiply it by 1/2... (apparently contrary to most V-8s 'cause LS1s need to be different) ANYWAY, after that, the RPMs were dead on.

-somebody
Old 08-26-2005, 10:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ yup.. the LS1s operate on 2 pulses per rotation .... so you need to set them up as a 4 cylinder (same thing if you're installing an MSD Window Switch)
Old 08-26-2005, 10:59 PM
Staging Lane

they told me to set it up as 1 if it has coil packs and the number of cylinders if you have a distributer. it is closest if I set it at 1 and gets further off as I go up i tried them all 1 thru 8. it is usually about right at idle though I guess Ill just have to play with it for a while I was just hoping I would find someone that had the same problem.
thanks