Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car problems!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 08:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car problems!

I have a 98 WS6 with all the bolt-ons and I just installed a tr224/224-112 cam. I adjusted the screw on the TB and the car ran great but I needed to raise my shift points so I had it tuned. I've had my car tuned by this person 2 diffrent times and I trust him but this time when I got the pcm back and plugged it in and it idled good and ran good until wide open throttle. At wide open throttle the car would back off in power and sometimes wouldn't shift and would hit the rev limiter. I know it sounds like the tranmission but I have a fresh built 4l60e and I raced it the night before pulling the pcm to ship and it ran great. I seen it a couple of times just kinda hang around 6 grand like it was slipping but anything less than wide open throttle and it pulls hard and shifts good. I do have a 3200vig stall. Any ideas anybody? Help. Thanks in advance. PS.........It hasn't thown any codes.

Last edited by JETBLACK; 08-27-2005 at 08:46 PM.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:04 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is simply no substitution for having your car tuned in person. The safest way is to tune on a chassis dyno that uses eddy current, such as the Mustang Chassis Dyno's. Bob