PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Tuners and EFI Live Comparison

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 07:28 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And there you have it. It doesn't get any more biased than Fetumpsh.

You have no idea how powerful VCM Suite 2.0 is. Keep burning bridges man. You do it so well.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:28 PM
TECH Junkie

In a nut shell, competition in the LSx tuning market is great right now. The major contenders will take their turns one-upping each other and, as time goes on, the end result is bad *** tuning software for the end users.

I chose to go with EFILive because I believe they were truely looking to support my current and future tuning needs. My tuning needs, and I'm sure others feel the same way, go beyond the software that's installed on this laptop.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Magnus
And there you have it. It doesn't get any more biased than Fetumpsh.

You have no idea how powerful VCM Suite 2.0 is. Keep burning bridges man. You do it so well.
Keith it is only factual, not biased, perhaps when V2.0 is released and the whole world can judge then you can dispute what I've written, but until then what is in my post was truth as of current release for both products and comments made by people who have used or seen both in action

Burning bridges, please, lets not revist the PCM Hacking to HPT transformation again, those fires are still buring out there, if only you knew

PM me if this needs to get personal (it doesn't need to) or the mods will shut this one down too.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:11 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Personal? You make it personal with bullshit like this:

Originally Posted by Fetumpsh
Burning bridges, please, lets not revist the PCM Hacking to HPT transformation again, those fires are still buring out there, if only you knew
That is such a load of crap and you make it out to seem like its even an issue. Please, back this statement of yours up. If you got the ***** to say something like that, post your reasoning.

I have all of the old forum history saved. I know exactly who posted info and who didn't. What happened to the 3 major information posters? They now own HP Tuners. What did YOU do to help the cause? Oh yea, you did nothing.

Your thread history on ls1tech shows a very clear pattern.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ONLY warning... any more arguing in this thread and it will go the route of ALL the other threads ...

Old 08-29-2005, 08:52 PM
On The Tree

Done deal Horist, I'll PM Keith (as I asked him to do to me) if anything further needs to be said outside of this X vs Y thread.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:12 PM
Teching In

Thanks you Horist I really did not want this to turn into a bad post.

Fetumpsh, thanks for the response. I have a few questions if you could help me out. A few of the features you mentioned, such as valet mode, do those come with the $699 version or the $899 version? Also, can all of the tuning and calculations be done inside of EFI Live or do I need to import and export data to/from an Excel spreadsheet? What else besides the dashboard, and massive number of tables on the tool makes this a product that you are so passionate about. Also, sorry for the question, but can you explain the PID logging, how is it done so well in EFI Live? Thanks again for the responses, I do appreciate it
Old 08-29-2005, 10:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JeremyMSG
Fetumpsh, thanks for the response. I have a few questions if you could help me out. A few of the features you mentioned, such as valet mode, do those come with the $699 version or the $899 version?
You need the $849 version.

Also, can all of the tuning and calculations be done inside of EFI Live or do I need to import and export data to/from an Excel spreadsheet?
Save Excel for bookeeping not tuning!, everything is done within EFILive.

What else besides the dashboard, and massive number of tables on the tool makes this a product that you are so passionate about. Also, sorry for the question, but can you explain the PID logging, how is it done so well in EFI Live? Thanks again for the responses, I do appreciate it
As far as the PID logging goes any scantool is limited by the PCM's speed, the number of PID's I referred to was the number of parameters you can monitor, not at once, but more so the choices from simple RPM values to Trans Pressure solenoid current, etc.

I'd suggest you head over to the EFILive forum and ask for further details on the differences, there is quite a few on that forum that have gone from Edit, to Tuners to EFILive that will answer any other questions you might have without fear of things getting out of hand. Oh, and download the demo too.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

i wonder when this is gonna get locked.. tick tock tick tock
Old 08-29-2005, 10:38 PM
On The Tree

No need to lock it, I've only posted facts to the questions asked, got flamed for it and said there will be no more 'off tpoic' discussions by myself....it's all good isn't it?
What's more the original poster was directed to the EFILive forum to save on further X vs Y topics.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:41 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Can you not see how biased your replies are?

There is much mistruth to your "factual" replies.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Magnus
There is much mistruth to your "factual" replies.
Enlighten me?
Old 08-29-2005, 10:58 PM
TECH Resident

The two items I mentioned and that you confirmed where the only to real features that seprate the products that I was able to find by "using the search button"

Thanks for the recommendation Matt
If you belive your own comment then your either stupid or a troll. Both are good products and most would agree you can't go wrong with either one. If you really used the search tool you'd find more than two items seperate the two. I'd recommend you get LS1 Edit... Even if you can't figure out how to use the seach button you'll still be able to tune with Edit... Heck one of your choices even has a functional demo download// or at least I think they do..
Old 08-29-2005, 11:02 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,103 Likes on 723 Posts

Horist is on it, but I want to emphasize that this is a tech site and we won't allow folks to take shots back and forth. Discuss nicely or we won't allow comparison threads anymore.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:50 PM
On The Tree

I agree, lets keep this civil as possible, I do just want to say a few things before we get back to the comparison discussion.
Keith has stated my posted facts were not quite correct, I am more than happy for him to correct me with the true facts.

The section where I had said I spoke to someone that had been shown V2.0 obviously cannot be verified here because we can't name names on a public forums if those people are not aware of that, but HPT would know who is being shown what by the dealers, they can track that down as I am sure they will be getting feedback from the dealers and Beta testers, I was just feeding back comments that were made about it from someone that has used Edit and EFILive, there is nothing wrong with that.
It is no different to any other post on here where somebody says they compared HPT to Tunercat and Tunercat sucked, that is an opinion and around here it does not take long to find one of those posts, but there will be no padlock on that one.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Here is a quick comparison that I did of what is known about the two products. If any of this is incorrect, please let me know and I will update it. Maybe we can get a nice "ACTUAL" comparison summary that will help people.

You must have adobe Acrobat Reader to view.

HPT vs. EFI Live Comparison

I have had both products and tried to make the comparison as un-biased as possible. Like I have mentioned above, if there is misinformation posted, let me know and I will correct it or update other items as needed.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:42 AM
FormerVendor

maybe everyone should post their allegiances before they post an unbiased opinion...

Hundreds of tunershops and thousands of individuals are tuning vehicles everyday with HPT software. We are committed to innovation and staying on the leading edge of development and features. I think our track record speaks for itself in this regard no matter what people "believe is true". So often on internet forums opinion is portrayed as fact, and truth is overlooked for the sake of argument and grandstanding.

All companies make various promises and use marketing and pricing to sell products, i don't see this debate as being any different to that. So one guy gives something away for free... obviously there is a reason for that draw your own conclusions as to why. No doubt we have made a number of feature additions in 2.0 designed to combat a few things the others have. But have we just added features so we can tick boxes in a comparison sheet? No. Does efilive automatically develop everything we have? No. Would our customers prefer we didn't keep up to date with what most people agree are good ideas? Would efilive customers prefer they didn't release a new 2bar that was competitive with ours? Or prefer they didn't do the autotune feature? Would our customers prefer we didn't add advanced spark PIDs? and would efilive customers prefer they didn't add the idle PIDs too?

It is the goal of companies selling into the same market to differentiate their products and focus on what they believe and are told are the important things.

To say HPT and EFIlive learn from each other is both true and false. Neither company is stupid enough to ignore obvious customer feedback or respond to innovations delivered by the other. Also, both companies show the ability to innovate in both differnt and similar areas. At the end of the day the great news is that the end customer wins no matter what happens.

Like many on this board, i am amazed these threads go the same way everytime.

Chris...
Old 08-30-2005, 01:44 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Black02SS
Here is a quick comparison that I did of what is known about the two products. If any of this is incorrect, please let me know and I will update it. Maybe we can get a nice "ACTUAL" comparison summary that will help people.

You must have adobe Acrobat Reader to view.

HPT vs. EFI Live Comparison

I have had both products and tried to make the comparison as un-biased as possible. Like I have mentioned above, if there is misinformation posted, let me know and I will correct it or update other items as needed.
amazing how you managed to list more line items for efilive with yes in them than HPT. I bet i can make one with more for HPT... as someone with obvious alleginaces to EFIlive, what IS your point?
Old 08-30-2005, 02:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by gameover
amazing how you managed to list more line items for efilive with yes in them than HPT. I bet i can make one with more for HPT... as someone with obvious alleginaces to EFIlive, what IS your point?
First of all I didn't ask for any smartass remarks. I made a post and stated that if there is anything that was incorrect or needed added/changed, then let me know and I would do so. I am so tired of seeing these threads get deleted that I figured it was time to make a comparison in ONE place that outlined the differences from one to another. Nor anywhere in my post did I state how much better Live is over HPT nor did I say anything against HPT. You guys seem like eveytime something is posted that shows the benifits over your product, you get upset. I am not wanting to do anyting of that matter but only make a true comparison of one over the other so we can stop having threads that end up in bash fests and get locked.

Is it my fault that what we know about 2.0 and its features isn't fully disclosed? Is it my fault that the MAIN points listed from one product to the other one has more then the other? What IS YOUR POINT?
Old 08-30-2005, 02:10 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Black02SS
First of all I didn't ask for any smartass remarks. I made a post and stated that if there is anything that was incorrect or needed added/changed, then let me know and I would do so. I am so tired of seeing these threads get deleted that I figured it was time to make a comparison in ONE place that outlined the differences from one to another. Nor anywhere in my post did I state how much better Live is over HPT nor did I say anything against HPT. You guys seem like eveytime something is posted that shows the benifits over your product, you get upset. I am not wanting to do anyting of that matter but only make a true comparison of one over the other so we can stop having threads that end up in bash fests and get locked.

Is it my fault that what we know about 2.0 and its features isn't fully disclosed? Is it my fault that the MAIN points listed from one product to the other one has more then the other? What IS YOUR POINT?
you speak it like you actually believe it... and yet you are still looking for the negative. lets just agree that no matter what i do or say i'm sure your spreadsheet will always have more greens for efilive. there is no true, equal, fair comparison - that is my point.

Chris...

Quick Reply: HP Tuners and EFI Live Comparison