Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PO327 - Knock Sensor Circuit Low Voltage

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 08:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default PO327 - Knock Sensor Circuit Low Voltage

Does this mean I have a bad sensor or something else?
Old 09-04-2005, 11:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

if you haven't done anything (such as pulling the intake off) then yes... most likely a bad knock sensor

You can pull the intake off and swap sensors and see if the code follows the sensor... if it does then it's definetly the sensor ... do a search here and there are several posts about the "silicone" mode where you create a damn to prevent water from killing the front sensor.

If the code doesn't follow the sensor then it's a wiring problem
Old 09-04-2005, 12:34 PM
Flossin' twin turbos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

usually you change the sensors and harness.
Old 09-04-2005, 01:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by horist
if you haven't done anything (such as pulling the intake off) then yes... most likely a bad knock sensor

You can pull the intake off and swap sensors and see if the code follows the sensor... if it does then it's definetly the sensor ... do a search here and there are several posts about the "silicone" mode where you create a damn to prevent water from killing the front sensor.

If the code doesn't follow the sensor then it's a wiring problem
Intake has not been off recently (if that's what you're saying), however, this motor very rarely sees rain. Mabye 10 times in 6 years. Does that make a difference? The code came up for no reason...just driving along on a sunny day.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

reset it and see if it comes back... if it does you can try swapping the Knock sensors and see if the code follows it... or just replace the sensor that's throwing the code... it's probably just a bad sensor... doubtful (but possible) it's the wiring harness
Old 09-05-2005, 07:24 PM
Teching In

It is definitey the knock sensor and wiring harness.

I was getting the same code, reset it about 4 times. Finally when I took off the intake I saw that the knock sensor pigtail was bad and one of the sensors was burned. It smelled like electrical burn.

I got the following

10456603 - Knock Sensor (qty 2)
12575869 - Connector w/grommet for knock sensor

For a total less than $110.

I think I got it from someone on this board on replacing the sensors, here is a procedure below to make sure it doesn't happen. (thanks to Todd)

http://www.jimfancher.com/sierra/p0332.htm
http://corvetteactioncenter.com/kb/q....php?qstId=261

If you need any advice changing them or getting the intake off, it is pretty easy. It took me about an hour to do and there are some precautions that you should take once the intake is off.

-geo
Old 09-05-2005, 07:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just pulled my intake off again today for the same code. I replaced the front sensor about a year ago for the same code. This time I looked things over alot better as there where no signs of water either times. What i did find is a lot of oil. Turns out that the seals in the vally cover at the bottom of the knock sensor tubes are leaking oil. The oil is either causing damage to the sensor or is causing a short in the system or both. I think that in this case the oil caused a short in the circuit, because it was an intermitent failure. The first time the light came on I cleared the code, and the light did not come on for a week, when it finally did I didn't clear it and the computer evetually turned the light off because another failure was not detected. I went ahead and replaced the sensor, but it would be nice to know if it was caused by a short or a faulty sensor. And yes my harness checks out fine.