PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? about 02's

Old 09-07-2005, 09:34 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ? about 02's

I have been adjusting my pe table. I can't get the 02 voltages to come down. I had about .960 to start with. They are pretty consistent through an entire wot run. I leaned the table all the way to the point it's pinging, and still the voltages haven't changed much. Maybe .945. I can't get them anywhere near .890. Could my 02's be wore out? I don't have any dtc's, but I have noticed the engine running rough after making a full throtle run. After a couple minutes it smoothes back out. I think the 02's are original, and the car has about 56k on it. I had to splice some extra wire on them when I put my lt's on, but since I don't have any dtc's, I figured they were ok. Should I just get a new set and try them? I know 02's are not very accurate for tuning outside stoich, but the voltages should still drop when pulling fuel. What do you guys think?
Old 09-07-2005, 09:41 AM
TECH Addict

If you're going to stick with NBO2's, I'd definitely get some new ones. The splice might be affecting your readings. If you wanted to do it right though, I'd get a wideband.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:54 AM
11 Second Club

I'll probably get a wb at some point, but I have been fighting a ping issue. Other than the headers, my engine is stock, and with the factory tune, I am getting a lot of ping at wot. I have tried all the usual stuff. New plugs, top end clean, cleaned maf, removed egr, and still pings. The only way I can get rid of the ping is by adding a bunch of fuel in the pe table. When I added enough to the pe table to get rid of the ping, I dynoe'd the car at G force. This was before I installed the headers. Mike said he could tell I had a fueling issue by the wavy pattern at the top of my run. The car is rich, but if I subtract fuel it pings. I was just wondering if my 02 reading were skewed by bad sensors. I just got a cam and springs, but I need to figure this ping out before I change any more parts. Don't want to add to the problem.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Talking

Get the Bosch 13111 O2's. They already have long enough length for LT's.
I have them and they work great.
Bill

Search this Thread