Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TCS problem persists

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 03:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TCS problem persists

ive had this wierd TCS problem for a couple months now. im having a hard time tracking it down and i have a feeling its causing some of my idle issues. ive noticed that it will stay on when i first start the car....as soon as i touch the gas pedal though, it pops off and stays off . doesnt matter if its in drive or neutral. any suggestions?
Old 09-10-2005, 04:56 PM
TECH Junkie

hmm, well i was gonna take the TCS module out, till i realized how hard it was to get to i cleaned the maf all up, yanked on the cables for the TCS module a little. turned the air filter around (ftra makes it dirty in one spot!) a little cussing and wala. she starts up and idles fine. TCS appears to be workin again . i couldnt go for a drive since someone parked behind me and they are in the shower now....but giving it gas in drive and N it stays on! guess we will see what happens when i take her home.

on a side note...could be in my head, but the volts seem better, and oil pressure seems to be a hair higher. could be that the oil cooled down a little <shrug>. the oil pressure needle was dancing slightly at idle before, like it was getting a goofy voltage to the guage.
Old 09-10-2005, 06:36 PM
TECH Regular

I suggest check your grounds from the frame to the engine. You also may have a hot wire grounding somewhere.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:07 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm having a similar issue.
Last month I change intakes and ever since
my TCS is turning off on its own.WTF?
I'm also getting a MAP "high pressure" code.
Where is this TCS located?
Thanks.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:44 PM
TECH Junkie

im not sure if it was the tcs module or cruise control module. its kinda were the AIR pump is/was follow your throttle cables to the firewall. one goes to the pedal and another goes underneath back to the front to a little box.

my TCS used to turn off by itself when i had a 12 bolt. that only seemed to do it when at highway speeds. prolly the abs sensors messed it up a little at higher speeds <shrug> now i have no 12 bolt though so everything is good.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:14 PM
TECH Junkie

well its back again

i cant trace it out...HAS to be a hot wire grounding out. volts are very low when its acting up. i dont know if the surge is from the grounding out- putting a big load on the alternator, and not having enough to keep the car running properly, or other. any suggestions? where should i start looking? would TCS turn off from lack of voltage or is this a short somewhere dealing with the tcs? ive pulled the tcs fuse, no difference.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:38 AM
TECH Junkie

************. i took the TCS box out, unhooked the harness and its still there. wtf is causing this? im ready to burn this car to the ground.