Sponsored by:

Shift Timings ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 11:59 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shift Timings ?

Hi Guys,

First post here.I'm new to this tuning business so please bear with me Ok.I currently know most basic stuff and am learning quickly. My current agenda is Shift Timing. I Did some research on shift speed tuning. If what I learnt is correct then then you can do so by going into Edit > Trans Call. > A4 Shift Firmness then clicking on Desired Shift Time ? How am I doing so far ?

Ok from what I've read , .150 seems optimal but 2-3 becomes somewhat sluggish ? .200 is the best comprimise . Opinions ? Suggestions ?

I am also a member on the CF. Members over there suggested .163 which is the lowest factory setting. I would like to hear more opinions. Experiences etc.

Old 09-13-2005, 02:01 PM
TECH Addict

Personally, I've done custom tables and straight percentage changes. It was hard to tell the difference to be honest. For the 1-2 or the 2-3, you would be just fine with a 15~20% decrease in desired shift times (i.e. multiply by .85~.80). As for the 3-4, a 10% decrease should be more than enough. Another other option would be to play with the shift pressure multipliers. In EFILive, I was able to adjust the shift pressures based on delivered torque. Here I went with a straight number across the board from say 100ft/lbs on up. In terms of percentages, it looks like about a 50% increase for light throttle and a 5% increase for the upper end. I don't particularly like to touch the Force Motor Current table as this can produce higher line pressures all the times instead of just during the shifts.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:52 AM
Staging Lane

To the Top
Old 09-16-2005, 10:18 AM
Staging Lane

Come on guys need to hear you input
Old 09-17-2005, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

im also curious about this, i know i have been trying different things, but i would also like to hear a little imput on this subject.