PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have a few Engine codes...need some help!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 04:36 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have a few Engine codes...need some help!!

O.k. Guys:

I just got my projest up and roll'n. A ls1 miata. I have a tr224/224 114 cam and all of the bolts you can add with stock ported heads. I am using a 99 camaro pcm and a howell engineering harness. I have a few codes which I did expect. Some of the systems are not being used and need to have the dyno operator turn them off.

P0452 Evap Emission Control System Pressure Sensor (not in use)
P0449 Evap Emission Purge Control System Vent valve/ solenoid circuit malfunction (I think I have this one do to the above code)

P0481 Cooling fan 2 circuit malfunction (Not in use) only using the #1 circuit.

P0803 1-4 (upshift) soleniod control circuit malfunction

I know that the above are due to the way I have my conversion done. So I am not bothered by those codes. All I believe can be turned off.

The one that has me concerned is this one.

P0343 Camshaft Postion Sensor Circuit (High Input)

I checked on line for the conditions that would set the code and it has me very concerned.

Poor connection.....which I will check for...later today

Camshaft reluctor wheel is damaged.....new tr224/224 114 cam (Hope Not) was very careful when adding it.

Camshaft Sensor coming in contact with the reluctor wheel. (never heard of any bodies cam doing this!) But it could be a first!

Any ideas? I do plan on going through this later on today. Is it possible to have a bad cam sensor. It is hard to start. And it is not tuned yet. I am trying to get everything fixed before I go to the dyno.

Again any help or advise is very welcomed!!!!

Tim
Old 09-19-2005, 05:00 AM
Launching!

After using the sereach for the code on here I am now more worried then I thought. The engine is a fresh rebuild. All bolts were tightened to spec. and fresh loctite was used. I hope its not a cam walking issue like others have mentioned. My tach is working but it is very bouncy.....I am using a Auto meter sport comp tach. At idle it shakes around 600 to 900 rpm.....bouncing up and down....at cruise it is not as bad.....just a little bouncy like 50 rpm up and down? Bad Sensor...or trash on it? Bad reluctor ring on the cam? Or the cam walking? Damn this sucks if it the last 2.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:45 AM
Launching!

I pulled the cam sensor and no marks on the bottom of it. I have checked the circuit and it appears to be checking out o.k. I have ground on the blk/wht wire. I have 12volts on the blk/pnk wire. Red I have no power too. I wonder if I am checking this right. The wiring diagram shows Blk/Wht wire as a ground. The red wire is from Ign feed from the Pcm...I have no voltage coming from it. But I have voltage at the blk/pnk wire with the key on. Stumpped at the moment until I get a better source for checling out the circuit.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:34 PM
Launching!

After 27 view no help!! Well I have the front of the engine off and checked my cam spocket bolts and front cam plate bolts. All tight. And tried to move the cam forward and backwards. No problem straight as an arrow. Any help guys!!!! Any suggestioons....has any one encountered a bad reluctor wheel on the cam....??? Stumpped here!!!!!
Old 09-22-2005, 03:00 AM
Staging Lane

wish i could help but i have a similar problems....and no answers sorry.

except mine is the low voltage code that wont go away. had the cam sensor replaced twice....still wont go away. dunno wat to do. im gonna check the wires....