Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electronic thrttle control/drive by wire to cable throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Question Electronic throttle control/drive by wire to cable throttle body

Is it possible to program/convert a electronic throttle control (ETC) or drive by wire PCM to use a cable driven throttle body with idle air control valve? The engine/wiring harness is out of an Escalade with the ETC setup.

Last edited by 350SS; 09-19-2005 at 06:24 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-19-2005, 06:55 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes it is possible. I did this on my 2002 truck for 2 reasons. 1) I hated the ETC from day one and 2) It wouldn't work with the 4l80e when I did the conversion.

You will need a pedal, cable, tb, tps/iac harness, and a reflash. Then you will have to add an old style cruise module if you want to keep cruise.

It ends up being a fairly involved project and after it was all done I don't know that it would have been worth it just to get rid of the ETC (but like I said it was a necessity in my case)
Old 09-19-2005, 11:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

What did you not like about the ETC?

Why wouldn't this work with the 4L80 trans when you did the conversion?

This is actually going in a 72 chevelle with a LQ9/4l80 combo. So to go with the cable tb I would need a throttle body, cable and the two harnesses. I'm also considering keeping the ETC setup but I think it would be pretty involved to add the throttle pedal assembly and extra ETC box to the car. Your thoughts on this... Do you have your ETC pedal assembly and control box still and if so would you want to unload them if I go this direction?

Quick Reply: Electronic thrttle control/drive by wire to cable throttle body