PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do the readiness states need?

Old 09-28-2005, 06:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What do the readiness states need?

specifically for the Oxygen Sensor (Not the heater), Catalyst and Secondary Air System?

I enabled the codes for the rear 02's and I am seeing them bouncing around on the scanner. What do they need to read in order to become complete? I do have CATs, they are high flow but they still should work.

What is the Catalyst checking for? What might have I disconnected to trip an incomplete readiness?

Secodary air system. Is this the air pump or something else? If i plug the air pump back in should that make a difference?

When running speed density, does the MAF DTC code need to be cleared in order to activate any of the readiness states? Does the MAF need to be enabled? I didn't think so but I could be wrong.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To the top
Old 09-28-2005, 09:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well... all they need is driving... Not sure if you can go ready when in SD... but you will not pass emissions running speed density... once your SD tune is done, I'd turn the MAF back on and drive around some...

Last time I had emissions, i had to put my stock 2000 tune back in (was running 2002 SD) , i copied the vE tables and such and disabled every SES light (by making it so they don't set an SES, but I left them enabled) that affected emissions (cat, EGR, AIR, O2, et.c..)

I then did 4 cold starts on 4 different occassions... and 4 hot starts on different occasions, with about 30 miles driving in between... when I got done all but 1 test was ready and it went ready on my way to emissions testing....

I tuned a buddies car a month ago... disabled all the SES lights that affected emissions and all his tests went ready as soon as we turned the key... was weird but he passed w/flying colors

The readiness tests just need driving, hot an cold starts, and to not have an SES set for the test... but I'm not sure if having the MAF disabled will prevent any readiness from completing... I never worried about emissions when I had the SES light on heh

Search this Thread