Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

engine bogging down

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 08:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default engine bogging down

I need some help. I have a 98 ss a3. I haven't had any problems with the car except for today. I have been babieing the car around to try to save a little gas lately, but today I decide to get on it. The first run it did great, the second run it was normal, then on the third after going into second i got it up to about 5500 rpm and the engine bogged down and the rpms droped about 2k, same on and same on with the next runs. I even cleared the codes between the last runs. I have to codes that are not normal: p0102, maf sensor circut low frequency/p0103, maf sensor circut high frequency/p0327, knock sensor circuit low voltage/p0332, knock sendor 2 circuit low input. If anyone can help me please cause i'm a little confused with this, or it you need any more info let me know, thanks!
Old 09-29-2005, 11:26 AM
Launching!

update: well i worked on the ve table and disconnected the maf but it still does the same. I logged i a few times and there is no knock retard or anything that looks funny. I'm really lost the only thing i've done to the car recentley was a heat sheild for the fuel lines by my exhuast.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:53 PM
Launching!

well i think i might of figured out the big problem. I do have a problem with my maf but the bad news is I think my trans is cuasing the engine to bogg. On my way to work i decide to hold the gas while the engine was bogging and it gradualy gained rpm, when i shifted into 3rd it picked up like normal. i noticed after coming to a stop the the rpms were getting higher when i had to take off and i could foot stall up to 2000 when normally i can only go to 1600. (my fluid is full) well on the way home i was going to try it again and when i shifted down to first the car just bogged right down like the trans was in a bind and it wouldn't pick up any speed so i shifted it to 2nd and it slowly gained speed and third did fine. so I guess I'll be going to my friends tranny shop and having him take a gander at it. the trans is only about 7 months old. If anyone has anything to add just feel free I would like to here some feedback, thanks!