Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!!!! F#*King PassII IGN lockout

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 12:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry HELP!!!!! F#*King PassII IGN lockout

I recently had this very same problem about 2months ago and I installed a Brand new ignition lock cylinder from GM. Problem fixed! and Here I am again, same problem!

While driving the security light will randomly come on (solid) and go off, come on go off, over and over. Well I made sure to turn the car off while the Security light was OFF. After running into work for a bit I came out and it would NOT start??? Now the Security light is blinking on and off. I have tried to leave the key in the on position for 3mins and I have taken the key out of the ignition and waited 3mins to no avail. What is causing this????? SOMEONE! PLZZZZZZZ!

Oh 1 more thing to note...Whenever I remove the PCM BAT & the IGN fuses under the hood in the front driverside of the car and replace them 10minutes later it WILL START!

Last edited by Vertigo; 10-28-2005 at 01:06 PM.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:23 PM
9 Second Club

sometimes you have to leave the key in the ign. position for close to 10 min. It takes a while sometimes. Why don't you just buypass it with a resistor?

Frank
Old 10-28-2005, 06:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

yep had same problem. What happens is the stupid little wires for the vats breaks and cant sense the resistance of the key. You can bypass it with a resistor inline or have someone with hptuners/ls1edit remove the vats feature, problem solved
Old 10-31-2005, 11:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

There is a realy on the pass side by the glove box, you can jump the relay. If you do this anyone can steal your car(im sure you know) and your neutral safety switch will not work.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:18 PM
Restricted User

Of note on this, if the car wont start then HPT cannot do **** about it. The car has to be able to be started for it to bypass. I have loaded in a flash delete/diabling VATS while car was a no-go. Then, after bypassing the resistor and the car starts you can take the resistor out, and be fine (other than having the annoying SECURITY light on all the time). I prefer an adjustable resistor, radio shack has them cheap (potentiometer or rheostat???). Measure key resistance, set the adj. res. to that, splice it into the white wires under the dash, turn it on, and if you loaded a VATS disable, you can remove the adj. Res. and be good. Took only a few minutes, but saved a lot of future hassle. If theft is a big concern, get and aftermarket alarm/disabler, its too easy to steal cars these days to rely on Factory equipment is only asking for it, IMHO.