Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intermittent Stalling.........

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 10:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intermittent Stalling.........

Ok, here is the drill. I always let my car warm up before taking off. Especially in the mornings. But when it first fires up, the idle will vary slightly, kinda goes up and down, enough to notice it, but not effect the warm up procedure.

Sometimes, after I start to drive away, if I push in the clutch and put it in neutral to coast to a stop light, the rpm's will drop to 300 and it will stall. It will fire right back up, but stall everytime. This stalling will happen continuously once it starts until I shut the car off for a while, I can stop driving the car, go into work, come out an hour later, and it runs normal.

I can also effect this if I turn on the A/C so that the car idles faster due to the load.

Any clues as to what could be going on, and how I might fix this. And is THIS the right forum for this thread? I thought you guys would know best...
Old 11-03-2005, 10:59 AM
TECH Junkie

I am having the same problem right now. I'm gonna check the spark plugs this weekend, and maybe injectors. I have the same spark plugs so I hope that it is something easy.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:56 PM
Teching In

Funny thing is it dies all 7 times I pushed in the clutch on the way to work this morning. But when I started it at lunch, it ran like a champ and won't do it the rest of the day, only first thing in the morning.............
Old 11-03-2005, 01:02 PM
TECH Junkie

thats wierd. I just cleaned my maf sensor and it helped out with the idiling of the car.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:05 PM
Teching In

how did you clean it? Wipe down the outside, spray carb cleaner on it?