Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFILive Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 03:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EFILive Help

I've read through all of the documentation regarding the scan tool and tune tool as well as some other backgrougn material and think I have a some understanding of the program. I was able to read the calibration from my PCM and save it as a back up and I was also able to do some data logging and save the file. What I need some help with is understanding which MAPs I want to create in the scan tool to look at and what it is I'm looking at in each and trying to achieve. LTFT's seem to be the big thing that need to be adjusted in order to not affect the WOT fueling from the PE table.

My other question has to do with the tune tool. I've opened my tuning file but have no idea why I can't see the same types of tables as the ones I can create using the scan tool. If you want to make corrections to the LTFT in tune, how do you open the table that will show you this? I can see the VE table and several others but that's about it.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:12 PM
FormerVendor

The help file will walk you through all of this. The stickies at the top of the forum will get you going. Read read read and do some more reading.

For ltft you need to make a calculated pid that averages both banks and then make a map of the ve table and use the calculated pid as the data. Its fairly simple if you read the manual and all the infomration contained in these two sites
Old 11-04-2005, 04:38 PM
Teching In

I've created a MAP for the LTFT in the scan tool program. All of the values are in % and all are positive. If I've read correctly, this means that when you go WOT the same amount of fuel will be added to the PE table which means your car will be running rich. Don't you want the LTFT values to be either zero or slightly negative? How do you go about making the adjustments needed to correct this or have I understood incorrectly about LTFT's?

I didn't realize this before but now I know that you need to be connected to your PCM when using the tune tool software otherwise you won't see the different tables such as LTFT. I had been opening my saved tun file and assuming that the data would be all there. Haven't tried to connect to see if this works yet but do I have this right?

Thanks
Old 11-04-2005, 05:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Read the manuals that came with Live. Do some searching on www.efilive.com and here as well. This will help you more then anything.

Also, get a wideband.