PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

drive by wire and effective area?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 06:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default drive by wire and effective area?

im trying to figure out what to do for this z06. the dynamic and idle desired airflows are off by about 6 g/sec. i know the iac steps wont work, you cant do it like the cable tb's. how do you guys fix this? i know there is a scalar but im not sure as what really needs to be done. anything i can do to get these airflow values closer would be great. thanks
Old 11-08-2005, 09:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
im trying to figure out what to do for this z06. the dynamic and idle desired airflows are off by about 6 g/sec. i know the iac steps wont work, you cant do it like the cable tb's. how do you guys fix this? i know there is a scalar but im not sure as what really needs to be done. anything i can do to get these airflow values closer would be great. thanks
My idle dynair and idle desired airflow are off by quite a bit. I haven't been able correlate these two pids on my C5/Z06. I don't think they will line up exactly on a C5.

2001 Z06- Open Loop SD tune, , heads, cam, NW 90 mm TB and FAST intake, headers.

Here is what I did for the 90 mm TB. If your Z06 project isn't a 90 mm then I suspect you'll need a lesser ETC scalar value than mine ( But greater than stock). Either way the Below should work for 78 or 90mm with a differing ETC Scalar value.

My conversion factor ("ETC Area Scalar" in HP Tuners = 0.0255 stock) is set at 0.0320. I tried many values between 0.0191 and .0330. My car runs best at 0.0320. Others have confirmed this-> http://www.efilive.com/forum/viewtop...=1169&start=45

Using EFILive and scanning the "DESIAC_B" (g/sec), "IAC-Warmed Up Airflow in Gear" (g/sec) and "IAC- Final Airflow Sum" (g/sec) PIDS. At 0.320 these PIDS tracked together....not exact of course - but very close. DESIAC_B should track at a slightly greater value than both "IAC-Warmed Up Airflow in Gear" (g/sec) and "IAC- Final Airflow Sum" (g/sec). Actually, if DESIAC_B is less than "IAC-Warmed Up Airflow in Gear" (g/sec) my car won't run.
I'm not positive but I believe the following equivalencies are correct....if not someone please correct me:

1.) The "DESIAC_B" (g/sec) value eqates to "Idle Park Postion Airflow" (g/sec) in HP Tuners.

2.) The "IAC-Warmed Up Airflow in Gear" (g/sec) value eqates to "Idle Base Gear Airflow" in HP Tuners.

3.)The "IAC- Final Airflow Sum" (g/sec) value eqates to "Idle Base Sum Airflow" in HP Tuners.

Hope this helps some.

Last edited by Bink; 11-08-2005 at 09:35 PM.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

thank you sir, so mostly trial and error with the scalar correct? i will give it a shot. thanks again
Old 11-09-2005, 06:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
thank you sir, so mostly trial and error with the scalar correct? i will give it a shot. thanks again
Yes.
But if it's a C5 78 mm TB (i.e. stock or ported) here is the best explanation - gojo's -> http://www.efilive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1169 . Excellent write up!
Old 11-09-2005, 07:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Old 11-09-2005, 11:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

thanks, ill give it a shot and post back up if it works lol

Quick Reply: drive by wire and effective area?