Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Bag Light

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 02:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Air Bag Light

I've searched substantially on the forum, but nothing detailing my problem.

Basically, this morning when I got in my car, the dew rolled off the top and directly onto the passenger side lock/window panel (had the window cracked slightly). I have a towel in my car so I dried it up and blew out any remaining water from the controls the best I could with my mouth. Curse the engineer that designed that 'gutter' effect the t-tops have..

Now the Air Bag light is on, but it goes out sometimes if/when I roll the windows up or down, and sometimes when I simply take a turn. It always comes back on a short time afterwards though.

Think I shorted something out? The windows work fine, locks, radio controls on steering wheel, etc. No problems with anything on the car electrically, aside from that dang light coming on.

TIA~
Old 11-11-2005, 12:27 AM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like a loose connection in the air bag circuitry somewhere. I doubt it has anything to do with the moisture. The air bag controller is under the console. Try unpluging it, then plugging it back in to reseat the connector. But first unhook one side of the battery, and let the car sit for an hour to discharge.