Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question about hptuners

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default question about hptuners

how come hptuners dont have a horsepower and torque calulator on it like efilive does in their scanner. it might not be Accurate but at least you know if you do one thing and you drop in hp or tq then u know to change it back.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:04 PM
TECH Resident

Good question, I'm curious myself.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the scanner does offer a delivered torque PID.... and hp is a derivative of torque... so you could make your own histogram showing the info you want .....

Though... I fail to see what good reason this would serve (useless in tuning) other than telling your friends "well my car made 528shp!!!! "

or

"woohoo! I added a FRAM air filter and I went from 412shp to 413shp (*shp = scanner horse power)!!!! "

To use this info in tuning though.... seems pretty assinine (sp?) to me..... (hp/tq readings are PCM calculated..... if your MAF/VE isn't dialed in then guess what.... the hp/tq readings the PCM gives you is going to be wrong!)

to get your MAF/VE dialed in you really need a wideband O2 sensor

but as I stated originally... if you really want this info... you can create a custom histogram pretty easily that will show you your torque/hp (PCM calculated) ... but I wouldn't use it to determine if your tuning is correct..... (I could provide you w/a tune that would result in well over 1000hp .... doesn't mean your car is making that power.... and I don't guarantee your engine will last long... but if you want the number.... I can give it to you )

Last edited by horist; 11-15-2005 at 02:07 AM.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:33 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SLP4CamaroSS
how come hptuners dont have a horsepower and torque calulator on it like efilive does in their scanner. it might not be Accurate but at least you know if you do one thing and you drop in hp or tq then u know to change it back.
we were thinking of this for version of 2.0 but it got put on the backburner cos no one was really interested in it. It requires a couple of extra functions for the user defined PIDs that we didn't implement yet.

Chris...