PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can hypertech be used after full dyno tune?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 12:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can hypertech be used after full dyno tune?

I'm changing gears and tire size and would like to use a hypertech to tune for it. I've already been fully dyno tuned for cam, boltons, SS4000 stall and 3.73's with ls1 edit. Now I'm changing to 4.10s and 27" tall tires. I also want to lower my idle because when they dyno tuned it they set it at 1300 rpm and said it wouldn't idle lower but everyone says I should be able to get it down to at least 1000 rpm idle. Can I use a hypertech to tune for this stuff or will it mess with my dyno tuning?
TIA
Old 11-20-2005, 12:17 PM
TECH Junkie

You can use it, but I wouldn't recommend it. Your dyno tuner should offer you a "touch up" rate.

What size cam are you running they say needs to idle at 13000?[sic]
Old 11-20-2005, 01:09 PM
10 Second Club

F14 on 112lsa. It's never died on me. I asked him last time I had a touch up tune for the 3.73s to lower it and he said he would try but I don't think he touched it. I would like to start taking tuning into my own hands, it's the only thing I don't do myself and I don't like having to convince someone to do what I want on my own car. I've had other tuning issues that I've had and I had to explaine how to correct it because they didn't think it was a tuning issue. After I did some research on here, I explained it to them and they said they never heard of that but they would try it and then the car ran fine. It's a little frustrating paying someone for a tune and having to help out to get it right. I would rather just do it on my own. Eventually I would like to get ls1 edit but for now I just need a quick, cheep fix. If I make changes with the hypertech, I can just set it back to how it is now right? I don't want it to set me back to a stock tune.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:09 PM
gwj
TECH Addict

Location: Live Oak, FL - in the woods where the creatures lurk.

Hypertech wouldn't do anything for the idle adjustment. As far as the gearing change, I just wouldn't try it (Hypertech) on top of a custom tune.
It may well work, however it may not.