Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disabling MAF

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 06:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disabling MAF

I have tuned my truck on the dyno already but it was very difficult to get the AFR ratio to stay steady. I am thinking about turning off the MAF sensor. What all do i need to change and how much different is it going to make my full throttle tune?
Old 11-20-2005, 10:37 PM
On The Tree

It is much easier to tune in speed density mode, that is why everyone does it. When you try to tune with a MAF connected, that is just one more variable that you have to worry about when getting the tune correct. I only know how to set the vehicle in speed density mode when using HPTuners, but I imagine it's the same if you are using different software. You have to unplug the sensor, and set your high octane tables to your low because the low octane table is the main timing reference table for when the car does not use the MAF. Or instead of just unplugging it you can set the MAF fail frequencyu to 0.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:50 PM
TECH Junkie

see the link in my sig
Old 11-22-2005, 12:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 00Z28SS
It is much easier to tune in speed density mode, that is why everyone does it. When you try to tune with a MAF connected, that is just one more variable that you have to worry about when getting the tune correct. I only know how to set the vehicle in speed density mode when using HPTuners, but I imagine it's the same if you are using different software. You have to unplug the sensor, and set your high octane tables to your low because the low octane table is the main timing reference table for when the car does not use the MAF. Or instead of just unplugging it you can set the MAF fail frequencyu to 0.
I am using HpTuners to tune with. How bad would the daily driving become once the weather changes. I live in missouri, so the weather changes a lot.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:54 PM
TECH Addict

Are you planning on SD or OL? Only OL creates a "fixed" tune.