PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Tuner 2 bar + MAF, will it work for boost?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 10:38 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by soundengineer
well..a 2 bar map sensor that outputs the same total voltage that a 1 bar does would mean the VE table would be half resolution as 50 would now mean 100 and 100 would now mean 200.....

hows that for a start and an example
precisely right, you lose half your VE table to resolution loss, I have heard it doesnt affect much, which is really great news for boosted 98 cars! and yes 50kpa now = 100 kpa..... etc. great assessment. I think with a nasty cammed and boosted car you might run in to some trouble though, but if its that nasty it might be time for a FAST, BS3, AEM setup.....
Old 12-02-2005, 12:19 AM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickn20
precisely right, you lose half your VE table to resolution loss, I have heard it doesnt affect much, which is really great news for boosted 98 cars! and yes 50kpa now = 100 kpa..... etc. great assessment. I think with a nasty cammed and boosted car you might run in to some trouble though, but if its that nasty it might be time for a FAST, BS3, AEM setup.....

usually you also have to change your OLFA table to reflect teh same changes because it has a MAP referenced data, and your PE tables all go to different #'s as well...
timing maps change....there are just a ton of tables that will be effected by a 2 bar MAP on a PCM that has a 1 bar data set
Old 12-02-2005, 06:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks guys for the explanation. I really learned a lot.

I am going to store this info in memroy bank cell j4010k4 for future reference... lol

Quick Reply: HP Tuner 2 bar + MAF, will it work for boost?