Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autotap: What can I do with it?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2001, 10:35 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autotap: What can I do with it?

Is this strictly a diagnostic tool? Will I be able to change anything? Or only be able to "see" things. I just bought a new laptop, is it worth it?

Jason
Old 11-27-2001, 10:46 AM
Teching In

Default Re: Autotap: What can I do with it?

Yes it's worth it. The only thing you will be able to change is turning off the "check engine" light. It's great for diagnostic stuff like why is that damn check engine light on. Suppose you added a new mod to your car and are wondering if it has affected your A/F ratio. Knock retard, timing advance ect. You can view measurements real time or log them to review later. Awesome tool to even fiddle with when there is nothing wrong.
Old 11-27-2001, 02:23 PM
Launching!

Thanks, I'm pretty sure I am going to get it. I do all of the labor work whenever my cousin or I get a mod for our cars. We are still trying to get that ses light off after his header install a couple of months ago. It sounds useful. Thanks again.

Jason
Old 11-27-2001, 09:46 PM
TECH Veteran

I defantely recommend getting the autotap. We used it for the first time during our two dyno pulls and it helped a lot for us to see that when we had some knock retart that caused the numbers to not be as high as the next pull with no knock at all. This Sunday will be our first time to try it out at the track so we can figure out what to do with the MAFT. I would say this should be one of your first buys for your car before you start buying all the other mods, but that is just my .02
Old 11-27-2001, 11:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote]Originally posted by Wicked Ls1:
<strong>Is this strictly a diagnostic tool? Will I be able to change anything? Or only be able to "see" things. I just bought a new laptop, is it worth it?

Jason</strong><hr></blockquote>

This will give you a better idea of whats going on before you jump on the mod bandwagon:

http://www.vetteguru.com/mods/howto