PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can you share tuning files with LS1-Edit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2002, 03:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can you share tuning files with LS1-Edit?

Just curious if tuning files can be shared with LS1-Edit. If someone with a similar setup as me has their tuniing dialed in is there a file they could email me so that I could start from their baseline or does each person have to startd from scratch?
I'm planning to get LS1-Edit soon.
-Jim
Old 01-28-2002, 03:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Default Re: Can you share tuning files with LS1-Edit?

You can look at files from the different years, but it is not recommended that you attempt to program your car with 'just any old file'.

According to the Carputing guys, GM made about 12 changes to their PCMs between 97-00, and these changes affected how the software works. So, just because I have a 98 6-speed, and if you have a 98 6-speed, that wouldn't mean that you just could load my program in your car. You could open my file and look at my tables, though - and that's really all that's necessary.

-Andrew
Old 01-28-2002, 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: Can you share tuning files with LS1-Edit?

Thanks Andrew. Yeah, I was thinking that if someone had a similar setup to me (displacement, heads, cam, exhaust, etc) then I could use their tables as a starting point to dial in my setup. I guess looking at their tables would be all that I really need to do.
Jim