Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Computer resetting?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2002, 04:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Default Computer resetting?

I recently transplanted a 98LS1 T56 into an Rx7 and I am having some issues with the driveability.
I am wondering how to find out if the computer is resetting every time the car is shut off. The engine seems to run rough from idle to wot when it is driven less than 30 miles or so. After the cooling fans come on (I dont know if it relates to that or not) it idles smoother , A little higher than when first started, and runs a lot better and smootherall around.

After letting the car sit and get cool the rough running starts again. The only codes I am showing are 0650 mileage control cir problem, but the scan tool shows the mileage the car has driven since last code clearing. Tell me what you think, I am at my wits end and I dont want to start replacing parts. I have a MAFT and new plugs and these parts have helped. The engine has 70K on it Thanks Chris
Old 03-01-2002, 04:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Computer resetting?

The only thing I can think of is if you're killing power to the PCM on the PCM BAT terminals.
Old 03-01-2002, 05:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

sorry for the double post I have hooked up the thick red to the batt and the orange to the ignition
Old 03-01-2002, 06:26 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You know you can delete your other post.
Click the 'Edit' icon and select the 'Delete' check box. Then complete the edit.