Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPP3 Tunning Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2002, 12:00 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPP3 Tunning Question

I've seen a lot of post lately regarding the "cutom tunning" from the Hypertech...

I've read everything from you can 10rwhp, to you can losy 15+rwhp!

Does anyone have any actually proof, dyno or otherwise, about whether it is a good option or not?

Also, I have a 98, and I have heard that the tunning helps the car run a bit more lean, since them come a bit "rich" from the factory...any truth to that?

Thanks in Advance
Alex
Old 03-09-2002, 02:05 AM
TECH Addict

Default Re: HPP3 Tunning Question

I have a 98 SS, and with the HPP power tune, Auto tap showed 6 degrees of knock retard only at the wide open fuel map. (Fuel map 22). That can't be too good. I took off the 'power programming' and now I see no knock retard at all. I think maybe hypertech just tried too hard.

p.s. I have a MAFT, and I tried to richen the fuel mixture with the HPP, no luck.
Old 03-25-2002, 08:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by felton316:
<strong>I have a 98 SS, and with the HPP power tune, Auto tap showed 6 degrees of knock retard only at the wide open fuel map. (Fuel map 22).</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Would 100 octane help prevent this?
Thanks,
Old 03-27-2002, 09:05 PM
Launching!

I read some posts that said when using the "power programming" function it's critical that you use a stock MAF for extremely accurate air flow measurement.
Ed